Main Menu

Prog 2013

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 08 December, 2012, 08:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Ack Ack Macaque reminded me of those half page comic strips that used to be used in the early 80s to advertise movies coming to a cinema near you soon where you'd get en exciting set up but had to see the film to get the full story
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Link Prime

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 03 January, 2013, 08:51:11 PM
Ack Ack Macaque reminded me of those half page comic strips that used to be used in the early 80s to advertise movies coming to a cinema near you soon where you'd get en exciting set up but had to see the film to get the full story

My thoughts exactly. Except I wouldn't go see the movie in this case.

Aonghus

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 January, 2013, 01:09:50 PM
Quote from: Aonghus on 03 January, 2013, 01:06:25 PM
Oh and can any of you help me with a query? I bought myself a subscription as a birthday/Christmas present for myself- Anyone know when 2013's first issue arrives?

My subs copy of prog 1813 arrived on saturday, should be hitting the shops today.

Thanks! Still no sign of it, might be no harm to give the subs droids a ring to check everything's ok...

Robert Frazer

What didn't quite sit right with me in Ack-Ack Macque was his wingman's thought bubble "you don't know how they're using you...!"

You're a smart cigar-chomping chimp fighting techno-Nazis. Of course you're "being used". Where do you think you came from, under a mulberry bush? I appreciate the full intricacies of plot can't be conveyed in five pages, but as conspiracies go it seemed pretty lame.
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

Funt Solo

++NECRO-THREAD++WARNING++NECRO-THREAD++WARNING++

I just read prog 2013 (aka prog 1812.5), and my version is the PDF and it has a bunch of un-numbered "Behind the Scenes" pages (17 of 'em).  I was wondering if those were also present in the printed version and, if so, in what format (given that they're not numbered and have a different page size).

Example:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 August, 2018, 05:44:44 PM

I just read prog 2013 (aka prog 1812.5), and my version is the PDF and it has a bunch of un-numbered "Behind the Scenes" pages (17 of 'em).  I was wondering if those were also present in the printed version and, if so, in what format (given that they're not numbered and have a different page size).

Example:

I look at the digital version as well and its page count is 117 pages. The Christmas prog is normally 100 pages long, thus I am sure the "Behind the Scenes" where only in the digital version.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 August, 2018, 05:44:44 PM

Example:

I recall a Thrill mail for the 2013 chrimbob Prog promoting the digital behind the scenes exclusives, the newsletter has long since been deleted from my inbox but I recall it was because the 2013 annual prog was the first of it's kind to be published on the digital app.

M.I.K.

Quote from:  2000AD Thrill-MailHO DROKKING HO!

Forget Father Christmas and his bothersome reindeer, Earthlets - Tharg the Mighty is here with his bulging sack! The bumper 100-page Prog 2013 lands today in print and online! And if you buy the digital edition you get extra, exclusive behind-the-scenes content!