Main Menu

Meg 385 - A Town Called Malice!

Started by Richard, 17 June, 2017, 08:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Yep - GREAT Meg. Loved the Dredd, just a really fantastic trick and I hope we haven't seen the last of ... Narrator Lady (sorry her name escapes me!). Likewise Lawless just sings and shines as gloriously as it always does. Can't wait for it to be back but by George its been a delight. One of the best comics about full stop.

Havn is losing me a little... well a lot if I'm honest BUT in a really good way, not in the throw it away can't handle that way. Rather in the man I can't wait to give this another go and to get my head into what's going on. That's the good way by the way.

Anderson continues were we left off with a solid opener... which isn't really an opener and I almost wish there'd been a bit of a gap between the twop stories.Just would of had a better rhyme... but happy enough to have it continue. Nice little Black Museum story.

As its new comic book day (well for me) haven't got to the text articles but they are looking nice so will.

I, Cosh

Great to see Crotchless Critchlow back in Tharg's mighty organ and this was a great little story. One of Carroll's best Dredds.

Some really great art wrapping up Lawless and good to hear the wait will be relatively short.
We never really die.

The Monarch

the text piece on the skizz trade is the second time its been mentioned that both the baike skizz strips have never been reprinted.....but didn't book 2 get a nice Hamlyn trade in the 90s?

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 June, 2017, 09:52:01 PM
Yep - GREAT Meg. Loved the Dredd, just a really fantastic trick and I hope we haven't seen the last of ... Narrator Lady (sorry her name escapes me!).
Laurel Docks.

staticgirl

I didn't like the cover a heck of a lot, the humans do look Simian because their noses are way too short and high up. It lengthens the bottom half of the face although this does make them look very aggressive. The Lawless comic inside was great though.

I thought that was a great Dredd story and I would love to see Laurel Docks return. The rest of the strips were really enjoyable too.

I didn't realise that Edmund Bagwell did Syd Serene! I used to adore that in Deadline. It was pure Acid House in the form of a comic. I was a fan much earlier than I ever knew. What a great loss he is.

Magnetica

Yes that was a great Dredd, one of the best in ages, he said merely echoing what others had already said. I hope we get to see Laurel Docks again, he said stating the obvious.

Tales from Black Mueseum - whilst I think there will always be a need for one off tales, this one didn't grab me.

Havn - right, wasn't expecting that. Intriguing.

Anderson - not sure why this is billed as a new story. It's a direct continuation from last month. Given the revelation that [spoiler]Dredd is possibly descended from Lizard people[/spoiler] you would think it should make more of an impact. But obviously that's not going to be the case, is it?

Lawless - just the usual. Which is top notch, easy to engage with, exciting comics.

I do also agree The faces on the cover just don't look right.

Oh and Carl Critchlow is seriously under used by Tharg.

von Boom

A great Dredd story to be sure, but Lawless has been simply fantastic! I'm sad this story is over, but I can't wait for the next story!

Mikey

Haven't posted my review views in a while, but simply had to publicly declare that The Third Person was simply brilliant from start to finish. That Carroll fella is a smart bugger an no mistake. It made me smile, I was immediately hooked and hanging on every word, not to mention the always exemplary art by yer man Critchlow who gives good MC1.

I was entirely charmed by the whole affair and would actually love this to be a true one off - it'll be talked about for years already. So yeah, more smart and funny one and dones please!

Can't say I'm getting on great with the rest of the Meg right now. I've lost the thread in Havn, feel Anderson is just OK and I've wandered off from Lawless a bit too. This last view is a surprise as I lapped the yarn up initially, but I don't know, I just seemed to have stopped caring about it. I think it's too much of a Western for me or something (generally don't like 'em that much) and I struggle to see how or why it's in Dreddworld. Just my opinion like, and I generally enjoy the creative team's work, so it's definitely me. 
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Link Prime

Quote from: Mikey on 07 July, 2017, 02:58:51 PM
The Third Person was simply brilliant from start to finish.

Just caught up on this Meg last night and want to echo the love for 'The Third Person'.
Best Dredd one-off in years.

IndigoPrime

I was interested in Havn, having an Icelandic wife. She grilled me a bit about the strip. Quite a lot of eye-rolling followed, although the names at least are suitably Icelandic.