Main Menu

Any word when Savage books 7,8 and 9...

Started by marko10174, 01 August, 2017, 04:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko10174

will be released in graphic novel format? thanks.

13school

BMCCOLL

Ha ha! I've just started re-reading after a 35 year hiatus and having read up to prog 260 had no idea that Savage, from Invasion I presume, would even be up to book 3! Obviously I have a lot, and I mean A LOT, to catch up on.  :)

Richard

Book 11 finished this week.

And it's really book 13, if you count Invasion! and Disaster 1990.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: BMCCOLL on 03 March, 2018, 10:01:22 PM
Ha ha! I've just started re-reading after a 35 year hiatus and having read up to prog 260 had no idea that Savage, from Invasion I presume, would even be up to book 3! Obviously I have a lot, and I mean A LOT, to catch up on.  :)

To give you an idea of the scale and scope of 2000AD, you are literally over a thousand progs away from the start of the Savage reboot :D
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

BMCCOLL

And I'm enjoying every second of my somewhat belated re-read and catch up :D

AlexF

Quote from: Richard on 03 March, 2018, 10:02:58 PM
Book 11 finished this week.

And it's really book 13, if you count Invasion! and Disaster 1990.

I'd argue it's more complex even than that. Since Howard Quartz showed up in Savage (was it book 7 or so?), certain parts of Ro-Busters and ABC Warriors become rather relevant. I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate decision to run the current Savage book alongside the current ABC Warriors, as they both feature Quartz as the big villain, and are both basically about the evils of the military-industrial complex. Certainly Quartz appears to be deaded in one but not in the other (and not for the first time!), so there's some shenanigans going on.

I really thought the 1,000 year stare was going to bring Savage face-to-face with Hammerstein - but perhaps that was a step too far even for Mills.

IndigoPrime

New series: Savage vs Hammerstein vs Dredd vs the absolute limits of continuity

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 March, 2018, 01:51:31 PM

Which arguably has already happened since Mega City 1 is mentioned in the last of Hammerstein's War Memoirs.  One of his platoon mentions it as they are demobbed.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Tjm86 on 14 March, 2018, 10:10:51 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 March, 2018, 01:51:31 PM

Which arguably has already happened since Mega City 1 is mentioned in the last of Hammerstein's War Memoirs.  One of his platoon mentions it as they are demobbed.

In Ro-Jaws memories they watch Giant and the Harlem Heroes play Aero-ball. I think MACH 1 is the only early thrill that isn't explicitly linked to the rest.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!