Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Apestrife

Quote from: Tomwe on 30 November, 2017, 10:53:35 AM
OK, an update on the cover (via forbidden planet) to the Dredd book "The Return Of The King" including credits, so what is this book likely to contain you think? Simply any Dredd strips by Ezquerra currently excluded from the JDMC?

On https://hachettepartworks.com/2000-ad-the-ultimate-collection/judge-dredd-return-of-the-king it says "A veteran artist of over forty years' standing, Carlos Ezquerra is the co-creator of Judge Dredd, visualising the imposing uniform, helmet, bike and gun that would become one of the world's most iconic comics characters. An effortless storyteller, he handles comedy, horror, action and drama with equal ease, and his influence on 2000 AD continues to be seen to this day. This collection of stories from writers John Wagner (Button Man), Alan Grant (Batman) and Garth Ennis (Preacher) sees Ezquerra at the height of his powers – from rampaging giant ants to mind-controlling aliens!"

Sounds like a "The Rest of Ezquerra".

DrRocka

Sounds like "Starborn Thing"'s in there?
Never ever bloody anything ever

Tomwe

Quote from: Apestrife on 03 December, 2017, 11:54:13 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 30 November, 2017, 10:53:35 AM
OK, an update on the cover (via forbidden planet) to the Dredd book "The Return Of The King" including credits, so what is this book likely to contain you think? Simply any Dredd strips by Ezquerra currently excluded from the JDMC?

On https://hachettepartworks.com/2000-ad-the-ultimate-collection/judge-dredd-return-of-the-king it says "A veteran artist of over forty years' standing, Carlos Ezquerra is the co-creator of Judge Dredd, visualising the imposing uniform, helmet, bike and gun that would become one of the world's most iconic comics characters. An effortless storyteller, he handles comedy, horror, action and drama with equal ease, and his influence on 2000 AD continues to be seen to this day. This collection of stories from writers John Wagner (Button Man), Alan Grant (Batman) and Garth Ennis (Preacher) sees Ezquerra at the height of his powers – from rampaging giant ants to mind-controlling aliens!"

Sounds like a "The Rest of Ezquerra".

I totally missed that this book had landed on their site - basically cos it suffers that classic problem of book 10 jumping in front of book 1 due to a lack of zeros in the indexing.

So, with this one being an Ezquerra special, is there enough Bolland or Kennedy or someone else to fill out one of the other books?

Steve Green

Plenty complete Kennedy I'd imagine, but not totted up what's already been printed.

Bolland - doubt it. There aren't that many complete Bolland stories that are standalone.

I can't see them going the IDW route of printing odd stories from an epic, or a centre spread from Luna 1.

Tomwe

Quote from: Steve Green on 04 December, 2017, 12:27:37 PM
Plenty complete Kennedy I'd imagine, but not totted up what's already been printed.

Bolland - doubt it. There aren't that many complete Bolland stories that are standalone.

I can't see them going the IDW route of printing odd stories from an epic, or a centre spread from Luna 1.

Fair point and of course one of the others is Dark Justice. So that only leaves one other book, which I have guessed at before as being "Judge Dredd Vol1",  with Devil's Island and Robot Wars etc from Case Files 1.

The Monarch

i just want a hc complete kenny who is that too much to ask its not like i am asking for a hc canon fodder or something :lol:

robert_ellis

I reckon Kenny Who will make it into the last books of the MegaCollection. It's been in print before & is always a favourite. Are there other 'art in megacity' stories it could be filled up with?

Juan De La Karite

Quote from: geronimo on 30 November, 2017, 04:37:29 PM
I have just unsubscribed from collection having still received nothing after they messed up my address.  I'm not hanging about for the first package when new volumes are coming into the shops.

Are others still having problems and do problems get sorted at all?

They made a complete arse of setting up my DD but I had no problems with the subscription itself, everything has turned up regularly. Finally got the DD issue resolved after a few weeks of staying on top of it myself.

Loving the Ultimate Collection so far though. As a relatively new convert to 2000ad it's a great way of catching up on classic stories, I was planning on buying TPB's anyway but getting hardbacks delivered to the door is very, very handy.

So far, Halo Jones and Strontium Dog have been my favourites.

karlos

As if you cats need reminding, Nikolai Dante vol. 1 is out today.

(No idea if my local Smiths have had some sort of tip-off, but there were markedly more copies of this than any other Ult. Coll. volume to date).

abelardsnazz

My local Thrill-merchant is currently being sent second copies in addition to the one he saves for me, but they seem to sit on the shelf for two weeks before being returned. However I'll keep an eye on whether Dante's smiling face remains there this time round.

GrudgeJohnDeed

I just read through the Nikolai Dante book, just as good as I remember! The extra stuff was nice too, I had the huge graphic novel from years and years ago, and it was missing parts like him bedding the Rasputin lady. He still made reference to it later though when he see's the Rasputin peeps at the Tsar's party and at the time I was confused

Jade Falcon

Well my local WH Smith's has screwed up AGAIN. No Dante book. Before the 2000ad and Dredd books have been in the same day but three times before there was no book left by but copies on the shelf. This time, nothing. Im only in that town once a fortnight due to commitments.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Timothy

Now that we are getting Dante in 9 volumes rather than 11 it will be interesting g to see where the books divide. For the sake of completeness it would be nice to have the recent flashback story I cluded, although my personal view is that this would be better included as an extra in one of the slimmer volumes rather than appearing at the end. The end of Dante is so good that it really does need to stop there.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Timothy on 06 December, 2017, 06:50:09 PM
Now that we are getting Dante in 9 volumes rather than 11 it will be interesting g to see where the books divide.

The first book is all the 'Romanov Empire' TPB content plus 'The trouble with Arbatovs' and 'Cruel Britannia' (previously from the start of the 'Great Game' TPB). As a result Vol.2 should be able to fit in everything up to 'Last Dance on the TransSiberian Express'; if it's light on essay stuff then it could fit in 'Cruel Seas' as well, allowing Vol.3 to open with 'Courtship of Jena Makarov' and a whole heck of a lot of the Tsar Wars material...
@jamesfeistdraws