Main Menu

The Complete Ace Trucking Co.

Started by Ace Garp 1969, 25 September, 2008, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

QuoteI'm going to be recommending it to everyone I know who has eyes.

Me too.  It's an amazing collection - I'm finding it very hard to read at any respectable pace, because I'm finding myself spending ages scrutinising beautiful panels.  I've only made it to the third episode so far, due to the presence of little wriggling homonculi in sandwiches!  I'd also forgotten how fabulous the depiction of GBH is.  One thing that struck me straight off is the likely horror of that Speedo Ghost logo plastered across the front of the ship:  it had to be drawn in almost every space-based panel!  Ouch!

radiator

Ace Trucking unfortunately joins all ABC Warriors, all Slaine, Anderson Shamballa and Nemesis book 3 on my backlog of graphic novels to buy when (if) I start earning more money.

Bad Andy

You know what - I think this is the most fun collection Rebellion has put out. It's absolutely brilliant.
It's really infiltrated my brain too. I've started using trucker lingo in my everyday life. I even dropped a phrase into an email conversation I was having with a CEO. I didn't mean to. It just splurged out onto the screen.

What would a second volume encapsulate? Everything else?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "Bad Andy"What would a second volume encapsulate? Everything else?
Yup. I compiled the original list of stories, and every Ace strip fits into two chunk-o-books. Clearly, this is why everyone should buy the first (or several copies thereof), so we definitely get the second, and don't end up in the same situation as with Sam Slade.

TordelBack

It'd be particularly nice if they included the full cut-out-and-keep Trucker's Slang guide next time out.  I'm afraid I cut out the original as instructed, but fell down somewhat on the 'keep' part over the intervening decades.

Ace Garp 1969

TordelBack

Nah, there was a much longer one printed in A5-ish pages over successive progs in the 200s - Vol 1 just has the one-page Annual one and an update to the original.  Or did I dream it?

WoD

Was looking forward to picking this up at BICS...but the guys didn't have it!!  Shame...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "TordelBack"Nah, there was a much longer one printed in A5-ish pages over successive progs in the 200s - Vol 1 just has the one-page Annual one and an update to the original.  Or did I dream it?

No, sir, you did not.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Joobaloo. Part 1. Page 2. That lug about halfway down the right hand side...

Massimo slips in a flagrant cock-and-balls twenty-five years before Stone Island!
We never really die.

TordelBack

Yes, I was a bit stunned by that one myself.  Never noticed it as a kid, and probably still wouldn't if my mind hadn't been rotted by associating with you prevert types...

robbycox

i really am gonna have to get off my lazy arse and buy this, i've been looking forward to it for what seems like ages but am(very much) out of touch with all things 2000ad related at the moment :angry:
Cheers,
Rob.

TordelBack

You definitely should, Robby, reagrdless of how many times you've already bought the material - it's a great production and a real credit to your hero.  It deserves to sell truckloads.

Zarjazzer

I need to get this. And the Best of 2000AD and the Shocking Futures collection and there's some Stronty I'm needing...*sigh* credit crunch ? bah! (just skip lunch) I'll be thin and have lots to read.  :D
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

mogzilla

enjoyed it as much as i did in the day.
massimo's art is as wierdly wonderful as ever and where's peter wolf? bernadellis greatest fan?