Main Menu

Pandemically Poltical Poll: Beyond Satire With Boris

Started by Tjm86, 06 July, 2020, 03:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

So today we are informed by Dido "can I share your personal data" Harding that a working track and trace app would be a useful thing to have.  it got me to thinking about all the hyper-satirical moments we've been subjected to during the course of this pandemic.  Granted we have definitely achieved 'world beating' status in these stakes (well, okay, 2nd place behind 'murrica but we can hold our heads high in Europe for a change).

So here's my question for fellow boarders now that the Pandemic is sort-of, semi, quasi, possibly so long as we can keep Bournemouth beach clear, officially 'over' for now ...: What has been your stand out "beyond satire with Boris" moment of the last 6 months?  Can we go with a poll on this?

Colin YNWA

There are so many, so, so many. But my personal favourite is maybe not as bombastic and mind numbing as many, no driving to beauty spot to test ones eye sight, but it just shows up the dark undercurrent of hypocrisy and lack of self awareness that has lead this country to were its is. And that's Matt Hancock a man with all the personal integrety of Tim Martin on the night of 'The Purge' telling us to do our Civic Duty and participate in using the 'Track and Trace' system that was then about what, 4 months off and he'd not even bothered to check or something.

Johnson is a wicked self serving narcissist, but Hancock is worse he's a wick, self serving sycophant to a narcissist, to weak and insignifcent himself, so desperately hanging onto Johnson's coat tails.

JayzusB.Christ

Alright, I don't live in Britain, but my mother is English and a large proportion of my family live there. And I know Ireland hasn't been much better.

But... For me it's the Cummings fiasco. The mad rush to protect their own precious little spin doctor when he'd quite clearly broken the rules.  If ever there was a moment that proved that Johnson and Co see themselves as an untouchable social stratum that's way above that of the riff raff, that was it.

It made a mockery of the whole system of lockdown rules and spat in the face of those who obeyed them. It also marked the effective end of those rules - if the people who made the rules don't give a flying fuck about them, why should anyone else?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tjm86

Oh if we're going with Cummings then surely it has to be his sprint down Downing Street that last time anyone saw him for weeks? 

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 July, 2020, 06:26:06 PM
Alright, I don't live in Britain, but my mother is English and a large proportion of my family live there. And I know Ireland hasn't been much better.

But... For me it's the Cummings fiasco. The mad rush to protect their own precious little spin doctor when he'd quite clearly broken the rules.  If ever there was a moment that proved that Johnson and Co see themselves as an untouchable social stratum that's way above that of the riff raff, that was it.

It made a mockery of the whole system of lockdown rules and spat in the face of those who obeyed them. It also marked the effective end of those rules - if the people who made the rules don't give a flying fuck about them, why should anyone else?

I'm with Jayzus Block.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

karlos

Boris's gang does what Boris's gang wants.

Do as they say, not as they do.

Nasty, vile bunch who are running rampant.

Dandontdare

A little more on Dido and the track and trace fiasco from Private Eye. She should never have given up the pop career.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 July, 2020, 06:57:37 PM
Oh if we're going with Cummings then surely it has to be his sprint down Downing Street that last time anyone saw him for weeks?

A proper "Fuckity bye" moment.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 July, 2020, 03:52:16 PM

So here's my question for fellow boarders now that the Pandemic is sort-of, semi, quasi, possibly so long as we can keep Bournemouth beach clear, officially 'over' for now ...:

Forgot to say, while I appreciate you're being about as tentative in your optimism as it's humanly possible to be, I still think you're being a bit too hopeful.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

Personally, I just love watching Boris play the blame game.

First it was the scientists, then it was Public Health England, and now it's the Care Homes. Who's next in his ever decreasing circle of blame?

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 July, 2020, 08:58:57 PM
A little more on Dido and the track and trace fiasco from Private Eye. She should never have given up the pop career.

I don't know how trustworthy that is.  The gorilla video has players passing basketballs, not footballs.  It calls the whole letter in to question.

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 July, 2020, 01:57:21 AM
Personally, I just love watching Boris play the blame game.

First it was the scientists, then it was Public Health England, and now it's the Care Homes. Who's next in his ever decreasing circle of blame?

You've missed out protesters and remainers.