Main Menu

Wii shopping

Started by Tiplodocus, 30 September, 2008, 01:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

had my first delve into Wiiware and the Wii virtual console the other day and I must say I was impressed by how easy it all was.

Picked up
Lost Winds - short but utterly charming and a great play mechanic
Paper Mario (N64) - not played this yet but Tiny Tips is addicted (which I'm not too bothered about giving the amount of reading in it). Even Mrs Tips was helping him solve problems teh other night.

SO pop onto the Top 10 Games thread, see what I've put there and then come back with some other recommendations for Wiiware or Virtual Console games.

Or just write what you've bought and why.

Of course, it looks like I'll be running out of memory blocks if I download much more so I'd better start getting my SD cards ready unless they bring out a Wii HDiiDii (there, I've already given them a great name for it).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Buddy

Bought the son Wario shake dimension (or whatever it's called).

He's been waiting on it for months and has hardly looked up from when he started playing it.

Seems to be a kinda retroish 2d platform type game but he loves it.

I still love the wii sports, especially the golf. I hear the new Tiger wood golf game is also tops, so I might treat myselfto that for crimbo.

radiator

He's asking about downloadable games.

I've heard good things about Mega Man 9.

Never used the virtual console myself - its a great idea in theory, but IMO the games on there are far too expensive for what they are, especially as emulators are available for free elsewhere.

WoD

Super Mario 64...great game...DL now.

Tiplodocus

Super Mario 64 is indeed great. That's why we kept it along with the N64.

But I might download it just to save me having to rewire the house every time I want to play it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Roger Godpleton

Is Megaman 9 out on UK servers yet?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

WoD

Quote from: "Tiplodocus"Super Mario 64 is indeed great. That's why we kept it along with the N64.

But I might download it just to save me having to rewire the house every time I want to play it.

It's good on the DS as well...better in some respects with the other characters, but not as easy to control.

Bad Andy

Quote from: "Godpleton"Is Megaman 9 out on UK servers yet?

It was there the other night.

I'm saving up for DigDug

Roger Godpleton

Just downloaded the XBLA MM9 demo and it's essential stuff.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Buddy

How do you get wii points... do you just have to buy them?

WoD

You can buy them (from the Wii shop or a few other places I think) or exchange your star-points for some if you have enough and your lucky enough for the offer to be running.

Radbacker

Star Soldier R, its Digital crack man.  only 2 levels  2 modes, 2 minutes or 5 minutes score attack so addictive its being plyed in the back ground at the moment.
my highest score in two minute mode (all we're playing at the moment) 840 000, households highest 940 000. Has national and international score tables too.
Bionic comando on PS3 networks pretty cool too

CU Radbacker