Main Menu

Prog 2001 digital located

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 05 October, 2016, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

If anyone else is wondering where Prog 2001 is in the app, have a look down the bottom right of the screen.
Took me a while but that's where it's hiding.

WhizzBang

Also, on the subject of the digital version, in Windows 10 Foxit pdf reader can no longer read the 2000AD digital comics since last week. Sumatra pdf seems to be able to read it okay though.

AlexF

Yeah, that threw me off too, wondering where the latest Prog was! 'Hunt the Thrill-Power' new interactive game now on the 2000AD app...

Dodsy

Glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't find it  :lol:
Twitter - @dodsy84

MrShep

Thanks... taken me 2 days to discover this!

(It's like the y2k bug. For progs).

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: WhizzBang on 05 October, 2016, 09:08:11 PM
Also, on the subject of the digital version, in Windows 10 Foxit pdf reader can no longer read the 2000AD digital comics since last week. Sumatra pdf seems to be able to read it okay though.

I think that might be more due to a problem with Foxit, it's been crashing out on me constantly for the last week or so(not just from the 2000 AD windows app) - possibly since the Windows 10 Anniversary update, so maybe that broke something in Foxit?

BTW we're working on a new built-in PDF reader for all our apps, including Windows 10, though will be rolled out to iOS first. I don't have a confirmed ETA for this yet, though, but the iOS update (which will also feature some other improvements - see below) should be out "soon"...

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 05 October, 2016, 08:58:50 PM
If anyone else is wondering where Prog 2001 is in the app, have a look down the bottom right of the screen.
Took me a while but that's where it's hiding.

Sorry about this everyone, it's due a combination of the way the current version of the iOS sorts things (which is a bit bugged) and a new internal product code scheme (to cope with there now being the new Prog 2000, 2001 etc,. as well as the older Xmas Prog 2000, 2001 etc.). We'll be releasing an updated version of the iOS app fairly soon which should fix the sorting, as well as some other issues and will also add new features.

This issue does not affect the Android and Windows 10 versions of the apps.

For iOS for the next few Progs, the sorting is likely to remain a bit borked, but the upcoming patch discussed above should fix this.

colindean

Quote from: 2000ADWebDroid on 07 October, 2016, 10:32:14 AM
BTW we're working on a new built-in PDF reader for all our apps, including Windows 10, though will be rolled out to iOS first. I don't have a confirmed ETA for this yet, though, but the iOS update (which will also feature some other improvements - see below) should be out "soon"...

This is great news.  Am very happy with the reading experience on my Android tablet, but the I could never find the right pdf reader to replicate this on my laptop.