Main Menu

Deathtrap Dungeon movie?

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 May, 2011, 08:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

Quote from: Emp on 29 May, 2011, 12:36:13 AM
There was a Fighting Fantasy book called Starship Traveller i think...

That was also impossible to complete.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

chris_askham

Quote from: Misanthrope on 29 May, 2011, 01:36:32 AM
Quote from: Emp on 29 May, 2011, 12:36:13 AM
There was a Fighting Fantasy book called Starship Traveller i think...

That was also impossible to complete.

There was actually a route through Starship Traveller where you could complete the book without once needing to pick up a pair of dice. My older brother went to great pains to point that out to me.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 May, 2011, 04:49:14 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 29 May, 2011, 12:33:36 AM
The ninja ones were definitely the best. I have a vague recollection of the same guys doing a time-travelling sci-fi series, but can't remember the name.
Falcon?

Some lovely design in the tech and the setup, but I don't think the games ever quite lived up to that promise.
That ship's totally Proteus.

I remember really liking them. The sci-fi setting stood out and, as with Way of the Tiger, the progression of the character and storyline intrigued the young Cosh. However, I also remember the series ending on a cliffhanger and, based on that thread, this wasn't the case.
We never really die.

chris_askham

Yeah the Falcon books were great and Agidy Yelov was a top villain. I also seem to recollect that the series wasn't completed - I'm sure there was a planned book that never appeared.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteMy Dad was always on the lookout for new and interesting books for us, and on the first day of our trip he bought me Warlock of Firetop Mountain in Foyle's, which was just out and being heavily promoted with cut-outs etc

The first one I ever read was my brother's Warlock of Firetop Mountain too, in magazine form. The artwork made a profound impression on me and I still refer to it (in my mind at least) when designing murals, window paintings and the like - in fact I'm designing a mural for a cafe as we speak, which is full of goblins, lanterns and burning torches which I have just realised come from the WOFM.
(Fortunately the owner likes goblins too.)

Anyone remember the multi-player Riddling Reaver? Never played it, but it was a great read
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

vzzbux

This would be a grand idea to keep it like the books. Straight to Blue ray and have it as an interactive disc. At certain pivotal points of the adventure give you a choice which then play out same way as the book. If it works it could be a great new direction of film making.
Also if you didn't want this direction you have the option of watching the film as winning script intended with no interuptions.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: vzzbux on 30 May, 2011, 12:38:20 PM
This would be a grand idea to keep it like the books. Straight to Blue ray and have it as an interactive disc. At certain pivotal points of the adventure give you a choice which then play out same way as the book. If it works it could be a great new direction of film making.
Also if you didn't want this direction you have the option of watching the film as winning script intended with no interuptions.

V

Like it. As long as the fecking dice aren't involved.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trout

Okay, heroes - here they are. I had some spare time on Sunday and managed to get into the cupboard. It involved lots of crawling through dust in the dark. My boot is now full of other stuff for the charity shop. I HOPE YOU PEOPLE ARE HAPPY NOW! ;)

As you can see, they've seen some use! Many have had the "keeping score" page written on in pencil, then rubbed out repeatedly. They are all well-thumbed, but that's the nature of these things.  :)
(I know I could have PM'd people but it seems more fun to post pics that everyone can get a nostalgia kick out of.)

Usher has first dibs on these, the Fighting Fantasy books:

Chris has first go at these mad ninja books:

I also dug out the Sorcery books, mentioned above:

I'd forgotten I had these Greek mythology-themed adventure books, which were pretty good, IIRC:

I'd rather Ush or Chris took the Sorcery and Greekish ones, to simplify postage, but if they don't want them then anyone can have them.

As for their price, I haven't a clue. Suggestions or offers would be welcome. If it's not unrealistic, I'd like to get the cost of postage (which I'll find out when I know who wants what) and a bundle of comic bags or just something via Paypal.

Although I know I'll never get any use out of them again, I feel a little sad in parting with them. I hope you love them in a rare and tender way.  :)

Cheers

- Trout

Trout

Now I think of it, I had Forest of Doom, too. That's the one where you could go back on yourself.

If it turns up, I'll post it, but it's doubtful that it will before I move house. Maybe it's long gone.

TordelBack

Bloodfeud of Altheus!  There's one I'd completely forgotten, and no longer own.  I won't trouble our King with the horrors of overseas postage by even making a request, but wow, that brings back some good memories.  And I never even saw the slipcase set of Sorcery. Thanks for the nostalgia!

EDIT:  I have now resolved to play WoFTM with the Boy.  He's old enough to learn how to fudge rolls.

Trout

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 May, 2011, 02:02:49 PM
the slipcase set of Sorcery.

I still recall the thrill of unwrapping that one. Thanks, Santa!

But the damn box was always a pain. It's as tight as a gnat's chuff!

I, Cosh

Nice one Trouty. I too had completely forgotten those Greek ones but I definitely had the first book.

One question. Where's the Sorcery spell book in that set?
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 30 May, 2011, 05:04:48 PM
Nice one Trouty. I too had completely forgotten those Greek ones but I definitely had the first book.

One question. Where's the Sorcery spell book in that set?

'Twas included in the back in the second editions - the ones with the orange spines (which Trouty has - recipe for cheating, I calls it).  Only the first editions had the separate spellbook - my copy of Shamutanti Hills came in neat slipcase with the Spellbook, cool as feck it was.

Trout

Thanks, Tordel. The books are at least eight feet away across the room and I was working up to getting them. :D

- Trout