Main Menu

Enniskillen Comic Fest 2017

Started by Tony Angelino, 22 January, 2017, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Mikey

Shame you can't make it TB, especially since you'll miss the chance to see the sun actually shine on the Blasted North.

I'm giving a couple of reprobates a lift - Helltrek is go! Now have to decide what I might want signed or sketched on...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ZenArcade

I've a fine selection of the crature  packed away for imbibing on sat night. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Link Prime

Would have loved to attend, but unfortunately won't make it.

Show 'em how drinking a bar dry is really done lads.

ZenArcade

Have no fear Link....there'll be no f##king Dicking around in Enniskillen!! Z

Link Prime

Make sure they have Tetley's Bitter on tap for Mikey.  :lol:

ZenArcade

He's drinking Stout beer and Whiskey like the rest of and he'll be happy for it! Z  ;)

Mikey

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 May, 2017, 03:51:30 PM
Make sure they have Tetley's Bitter on tap for Mikey.  :lol:

They didn't have Smithwicks, you!

Erm, they do sell Smithwicks in Fermanagh, don't they?  ;)

ZenArcade

They do Mikey , have no fear. Z

moly

Gutted we can't make this weekend hope everyone who can has a great weekend

Mikey

Have to say that was a great day (and night) out! From what I heard there were somewhere in the region of 1000 through the door so hopefully that counts as a success for the organisers and it'll continue.

It was interesting having the creators split between several buildings and it meant it never felt too crowded, apart from the understandibly long, long queue for Carlos - he was slaughtered all day but was gracious to the last. It was between him and Fabry for my last sketch and I went for Carlos - I was literally the last person to get a sketch, but I think he kept signing. An absolute gent and every bit the legend.

I was a bit star struck by John Wagner and maybe babbled a bit to him and Alan Grant, but hey, these fellas are heroes!

Got an absolute belter of a Death sketch from Eoin Coveney, a Blackblood from a hungover Clint Langley, a top Dredd from the charming PJ Holden and Durham Red from King Carlos - my sketchbook has finally begun.

It was a real pleasure to meet the Sector House 13 crowd and marvel at their cos play, and David and Joe Soap (again) - sorry we didn't get a pint or two together fellas, hopefully next time.

Think Zen Arcade may have some copies of the fanzine still available for anyone who's interested, it was great to see them selling well.

Till next year then... 

ZenArcade

Fantastic weather; fantastic creators; fantastic fans; fantastic Strontium Dog. Fan film; fantastic 'refreshments '.
Many new friends made; many fanzine sales and as Michael says I really am annoyed we didn't catch Joe and Mary and David later at
the pub(s).  I'm sure the stellar gallery of creators et al kept them both in the craic.
We'll post on the forum soon about the fanzine and where you can get your copy....we were delighted by the reaction to it and hope it brings fun and a smile to people's faces. Z

ZenArcade

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Oh, oh, oh and most importantly of all: big thanks to Paul Trimble and the Enniskillen super Squax for their endless hard work and just reward for a really special convention. Z

Steve Green

Looks like everyone had a great time, and the guests were well looked after.

maryanddavid

I had a really fun day, great chat and pints with Joe Soap and Mike Carroll, and as they say chatted briefly to Zen and Mikey, missed them in the pub.
Had a long chat with Steve McManus, Clint Langley, Dan Cornwell, Alan Hebden, and briefly to Cam Kennedy and John Wagner and several small pressers, very impressed with some of the all age material produced by them.
The only problem was not enough time to get around to all of the great guests.