Main Menu

50% discount in shop for subscribers

Started by opaque, 20 February, 2013, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

No probs - those T-shirts were being a pain, had some development time to spend on them, think 500's sorted them out now - fingers crossed! ;)

Fisticuffs

Hi, I've updated my sub' details over the phone a couple of weeks ago, but I've just tried to log onto the store and all I get is the 'Update your details!' pop-up, and it won't let me enter the store. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

opaque

I have exactly the same issue with it keeping popping up to update despite doing it on the phone.
I contacted the nice subscription team and it's just a matter that the details we gave need to be entered onto the system. Which obviously hasn't happened yet.
Hope it does before too long as I do actually want to buy several things! Mind you I don't mind waiting till I get paid on Thursday!

Pioneer

Maybe this is a silly question, but is it 50% off shipping also? Reason I'm asking is I'm going to order quite a lot of back issues which I think could potentially cost a fair whack on shipping?

Spaceghost

Good question. Also, can the 50% discount voucher be used against your actual annual  subscription?

If so, I'll hang on a couple of months until my sub runs out, then spend the £165.00 it usually costs on the half price sub AND a shit load of half price books/tat.

And the wife will be none the wiser, BWAHAHAHAAAA!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Unfortunately the 50% off voucher does not apply to shipping costs and cannot be used against subscriptions.

Your details should have been updated by now, but if you are still getting the popup pm me your email addresses (registered with the store) and I will look into it.

opaque

Shop is down by the looks of it, just the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page!

w3bz

Harry 20

Im having the same problem. I have regestered over the phone but still havnt recieved the voucher!

opaque

Go to the page on the website, enter your details and update your payment and you should be given it there.
Don't know why we couldn't all do that really, the credit card you use to pay is registered to your home address so don't know why anyone who has it delivered needs to be different.
Must be some technical thing.

shaolin_monkey

opaque

Good point.

I had lots of help from Andy who sorted it all out for me but I'd guess it should work for anyone doing as I said above now.

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 25 March, 2013, 01:10:55 AM
Does an iPad subscription count?

Afraid not, the vouchers are for subscribers to the physical Prog/Meg only. Sorry

Dark Jimbo

Anyone remember when this voucher runs out? I remember a lot of mention of 'june', but does that mean we have until June or until the end of June...?
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws