Main Menu

Top 10 lists... everyone likes lists, right????

Started by bluemeanie, 07 August, 2009, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

1) Favourite 1st person shooter
- Not a genre I'm keen on. Virtua Cop 2 was a lot of fun though and it was at least feasible to get through on one 50p so long as the guns weren't knacked.

2) Favourite sport related
- Tony Hawk 2. Not the best looking of the series but the point where it hit just the right balance between fun and frustrating repetition.

3) Favourite Adventure
- Ico. Not the most challenging game, but probably the most immersive I've ever played.

4) Favourite Strategy
- Not really played many. Sim City 2000 at a push.

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in
- The Thing was surprisingly entertaining.

6) Favourite RPG
- Baldur's Gate.

7) Favourite online play game
- This probably isn't what you meant, but Bejewelled Blitz on facebook has taken up more of my time than any other game in the last six months.

8) Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game
- Tekken Tag. Other fighters come and go, but none seem to have had the lasting appeal of this one. One day I'll succeed in pulling off King's five throw combo.

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second
- Due to the staggering omission of a "Best shoot-em-up category", this one has to go to R-Type. The PS1 port was a surprisingly accurate recreation of the arcade original, although the experience clearly loses something from the lack of a joystick or a piss-stained old man wandering along checking the coin chutes for unclaimed 10ps.

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing
- Don't pay enough attention to the games scene these days to know what's coming out, but I live in perpetual hope of a proper current-gen Wipeout game.
We never really die.

Lobo Baggins

1. Favourite 1st person shooter

Probably Doom, if I'm honest.

2. Favourite sport related

Erm, never really played a sport game for any length of time. Is Pinball a sport? I'll say Pinball.

3. Favourite Adventure

Well, I'm going to say Planescape Torment, even though it was a RPG it had more puzzles and had such an intricate story than any other adventure game I've played. I seem to recall I had to play through the whole thing about eight times to get the whole story...

4. Favourite Strategy

UFO: Enemy Unknown.

5. Favourite movie/tv tie in

Don't recall ever playing one...

6. Favourite RPG

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II, although the Elder Scrolls: Morrowind took up an awful lot of my time...

7. Favourite online play game

City of Heroes, even though the Mission Architect (which allows players to write their own adventures) has turned it into City of Farmers and made me realise that some of the players are probably better at writing the game than the game developers (there was one written by Al Ewing on there for a bit, too...)

I found WoW to be pretty tedious (with quests like 'go hither to the other side of the world, and fetch forth a packet of the finest fags!' and worst of all 'I've lost my book - go and fight monsters who have a slim chance of having a single page. I'm not going to talk to you again until you've got every single page, but there's more pages than can fit in your inventory!') with an extremely hostile playerbase, so I gave up after my free time ran out. They didn't like me RPGing in a RPG game, for some reason...

9. Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second

System Shock II, which was a sort of adventure/RPG/First Person Shooter. Unfortuanlely, I never finished it as I never had enough bullets to get to the end...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

mechanix81

1) Metroid Prime, if that counts

2) WWF No Mercy

3) Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

4) Pikmin 2

5) Transformers (PS2, not that one based on the movies though.)

6) Chrono Trigger

7) Super Smash Brothers Brawl

8) Any Bomberman

9) Resident Evil 4 - Shooter but not an FPS, you see...

10) Scribblenauts
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: bluemeanie on 10 August, 2009, 08:52:39 AM
I think I might have to revisit Halo.
Played it on the pc and was all kinds of underwhelmed. Actually thought I was going in circles at one point till I realised I was just going from one identical room to another for a while.

That's be the Library. Perhaps the worst level in any game ever. You spend ages wandering through a maze made up of room after indentical room until you get to the middle, then spend even longer fighting your way back out. It's a pity, as it's a great game otherwise, but I know plenty of folk just gave up on that level.

If it helps, the space marine rifle has a little arrow on it telling you what way you want to go.

it's worth playing through as I found the end to be quite exciting.
Lock up your spoons!

Nap Normal

1) Favourite 1st person shooter: Aliens PS1

2) Favourite sport related: F1 PS3

3) Favourite Adventure: Bio Shock PS3

4) Favourite Strategy: Imperial Glory PC

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in: Ashes cricket 2009 Wii

6) Favourite RPG: Medieval 2 Total War PC

7) Favourite online play game: Backgammon

Cool Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game: Golf on Wii sports 

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second: Command and Conquer series PS1 and PS2

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (PS3)
Falling in love makes you fat.