Main Menu

2008ad Graphic Wishes

Started by ukdane, 14 December, 2007, 05:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

I too would like to see Zenith in GN form, cos I've never had the chance to read it.

Also, I've always had a soft spot for Vector 13. I know it'd probably seem pretty dated now, and there probably wouldn't be much point in collecting them into a book form, but I'd still like to have them in one place.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

davidbishop

I've often thought there's a good EE to be had from Vector 13. There were more than 60 V13 tales - some crackers, some dross. The one-off format allowed all sorts of notable talents to take a crack if they had a tale to tell, such as Pat Mills. Some brilliant artists contributed to the series too.

My personal favourite? Maybe the Men in Black in Ruffs episode with Kit Marlowe assassinted to stop him blabbing about UFOs over Elisabethan London.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll have to go for the Metro Dredd's and any other strips from 2000ad published in other publications and never in the Meg or 2000ad, if you get my drift. I don't think we even saw a 1/4 of the Metro strips in the end!

mogzilla

vzzbux

Zenith always comes up in these threads and quite rightly so. The forces involved should be locked in a room until something is sorted out.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Adventurer

So the issue with Zenith is the IPC characters it used illegally right? How soon in the run did those characters start popping up? Could we get a couple Book reprints before hitting that point?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ukdane

No, the problem is a question over who owns Zenith, and the reprint rights. Basically the problem is between Grant Morrison and current owners Rebellion.
Both parties have arguments for and against why they own the characters, and why the other party doesn't.
All very messy, and never likely to be resolved, which is to bad really.
Cheers

-Daney

Ace Garp 1969

A "Compleat Ace Trucking Company" is long overdue.

Marbles

I'd like a complete (to date) Shakara tpb.

Remember - dry hair is for squids

IndigoPrime

"A "Compleat Ace Trucking Company" is long overdue."

For various reasons, I doubt we'll ever see that, but it would be fantastic. I did some quick calculations in Excel, and reckon ACE could be sorted in two chunky trades that still come in slightly smaller than the thickest Strontium Dog one. (With a series that has relatively niche appeal, it would make more sense to release it in fewer chunky volumes, rather than more 'glossy' ones, despite the inevitable trade off in print quality.)

Huey2

-Daily Star Dredds (C'mon, Wagner and Grant Dredds that have never been seen by most folks)
- Ace Trucking
-Blackhawk
- New Stront

- Huey