Main Menu

Who's going to HiEx?

Started by Proudhuff, 05 February, 2009, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingdomOfAdventure

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"One more thinks I forgot- Mark and his amazing models! Was there a man in the room who didn't drool over them??
I spent a lot of time pondering how I could convert them into some sort of wargaming rules...

Overall I had a splendid time chatting to various people about my plans to open a comic/games shop in Kirkcaldy.

Specific thanks to Graeme Neil Reid and Jeremy Briggs for letting me babble on about the shop.
Gary Davies from Heroes For Sale for imparting his knowledge onto me.
Gary Erskine for well just for being Gary Erskine.

Plus of course the host and hostess for pulling the whole thing together and actually looking slightly less stressed than they did the previous year.

Oh and if Vicky/Rich need analysis done on the questionnaires (assuming any were filled in?) let me know and we can sort that out like last year.

Cheers,

Dave
Tel : 01592 328121
21-23 Whytescauseway, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XF

Peter Wolf

" One more thinks I forgot- Mark and his amazing models! Was there a man in the room who didn't drool over them?? "

:lol:  

Many thanks .That was the first time i have laughed today.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dog Deever

Great weekend.
Good to catch up with a few boarders and meet a few more. Those models were the business- now my youngest wants some, though!

Sorry I didn't see you before you left, Proudhuff- I must've missed ye efter the raffle.
Well done, Satchmo!

The talks were great- the zombies one was pretty funny, and the religion/ politics/ comic one was interesting too. I must confess to not being in attendance at the Watchmen one. I suppose I also must confess I've never actually read the comic either!

Big thanks to Rich, Vicky, and everyone who helped make this...

...right on my doorstep!!! ('Pitlochry nice'- erse! Sorry Huff ;D)

That's a bastard about those sketches, Tips. My youngest got a Gary Erskine batman too, and a Leigh Gallacher Hellboy- both top notch, so a big 'thank you' to the pair of 'em! I added a mystery one to his collection (which I'm keeping under wraps for now) and Satchmo did me Mothman vs Chupacabra as well!

Only, my scanner appears to be fucked so I'm struggling to scan them in. I'll try to get them done at work or something.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: "+rufus+"Any chance of a scan of the Minty sketch...?  ;)

Hi-Res version:
//http://www.judgeminty.com/mintysketch/Minty_sketch.jpg

Got to admit, I didn't want to let go of it.

stacey

I'm not surprised el-lopo its totally spiffy.  Must have been very difficult to let it go.

Bolt-01

Tips, I've unpacked all the FQ boxes and there was no extra sketchbook in there. Fingers crossed it turns up.

TordelBack

Permit me to gush like the fanboy I am for a second here, but my Dok, how good is McMahon.  That feels like it has all the precision and accuracy of a Vermeer... but it's a loose, exaggerated caricaturish sketch.  I almost don't understand what I'm looking at.  Amazing.

Ace Garp 1969

Just back from Inverness. We stayed on a couple of days to do the tourist thing!
Hi Ex was GREAT!
From Gary Erskine:-

And from Leigh Gallagher:-

Huge thanks to all involved with putting this event on. You will get your rewards in heaven!

Dog Deever

Also from Leigh Gallagher, for my son and done in the blink of any eye...

A fucking fantastic Hellboy...

Many thanks, Leigh.

Dog Deever

Double post... sorry... not!
and also for my son, by the excellent Mr Erskine...

Batman...

Many thanks, fae me and the young loon!

Dog Deever

oops- triple post!!!

from the fevered brow of gainfully employed Ben Clark...

Mothman versus Chupacabra...

A la Gran Puta!
Cheers Ben!

I'm saving the last sketch I got for another time and place...

Trout

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words about my wee darling!

- Trout

Dog Deever

Love the helmet, Trout! I didn't see it at the weekend, but it looks great in the photies!

Richmond Clements

Lovely sketches, guys!

Bou managed to get one over the weekend, while I failed to get my books signed by Mr Quietly.

Still- there's a couple of lots of pics from the event up on the website now: http://www.hi-ex.co.uk/photogal09.htm

Beware though- there are more cute Rose images among them...

Ace Garp 1969

My pic of the cosplayers

Judge Rose was my fave too. Loved the Terminator, and Davros (sadly not pictured). On Sunday we briefly had a convincing Randall and Dante in Mooby's get-up that I liked.