Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Yeah that covers volume looks amazing and I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere previously.

Could it be one of the missing volumes?
I seem to recall there were 1-2 unknowns left in the list.

IndigoPrime

Well, that's fairly annoying if that's for premium subs only, given that they never mentioned that on the website. I'd have gone for the premium subscription otherwise.

Jim_Campbell

If you signed up for the figures, you're a premium subscriber? Because I haven't seen these...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Arkady

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 January, 2018, 09:52:05 PM
Well, that's fairly annoying if that's for premium subs only, given that they never mentioned that on the website. I'd have gone for the premium subscription otherwise.

Me too. I'll be quite cross. Hoping to upgrade my subscription.

Arkady

The guy who posted it wrote for 2000AD in the 90s so I'm guessing he a) got some stuff in advance and b) publicised something he shouldn't.

marko10174

Has anyone tried asking on the official 2000ad facebook page about the cover slips? I would, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

davidbishop

Quote from: Arkady on 23 January, 2018, 10:17:50 PM
The guy who posted it wrote for 2000AD in the 90s so I'm guessing he a) got some stuff in advance and b) publicised something he shouldn't.

If memory serves, Steve White is a partworks editor at Hachette! He was manning the stand at the 40th birthday bash last February, and mentioned the Ultimate Collection looked likely.

Arkady

Quote from: marko10174 on 23 January, 2018, 10:30:20 PM

Has anyone tried asking on the official 2000ad facebook page about the cover slips? I would, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Yep, I have. Will let you know.

BPP

Yeah not fussed on the statutes (tho they look very nice) but would upgrade for the covers books. All intel appreciated..
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Monarch

that is some eaglemoss level of bullshit not pleased

Mattofthespurs

Happy I decided to go premium from the start now.
Haven't received my first figure yet, it's on the way, but over £100 is mental.

moldovangerbil

Quote from: Arkady on 23 January, 2018, 09:15:10 PM
Here!

https://twitter.com/sharkbitesteve/status/955519832967041024

If the covers books are only going to be available to premium subscribers then that's really annoying as I'm another who would have gone premium for them. 

Doesn't look like it's possible to upgrade to a premium sub once you're past issue 5 either  :(

sintec

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 24 January, 2018, 08:28:55 AM
If the covers books are only going to be available to premium subscribers then that's really annoying as I'm another who would have gone premium for them. 

Doesn't look like it's possible to upgrade to a premium sub once you're past issue 5 either  :(

There's going to be a few grumpy subscribers if that's the case.  And Hachette have done themselves out of a few extra £s by not publicising these upfront, I'd certainly have considered a premium sub if I'd known it included extra books.

Fungus

'Special subs gifts'. Why not all subscribers, a freebie? (Looks a fairly thin volume).
While subscribing means dodgy/owned volumes, excessive time and storage and toy figures, keep on cherry-picking :-)