Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tomwe

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 January, 2018, 09:39:01 AM
A good morning's post today!

oh wow. That really would have been worth the extra £20. Suitably impressed!

Got my books too, the repro in Robo-Hunter is fantastic and both books put the Transformers collection to shame with their page counts. Zarjaz!

abelardsnazz

Wow, Nem looks great.

Is the first Robo-Hunter volume Verdus and Day of the Droids? Volume must be on the hefty side if so.

Dandontdare

Do books hit the shops at the same time they get posted out? Must grab that 2nd Dante but I had the idea it wasn't due till 31st.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 16 January, 2018, 12:06:58 PM
Wow, Nem looks great.

Is the first Robo-Hunter volume Verdus and Day of the Droids? Volume must be on the hefty side if so.

They come to about 240 pages, so yeah, that'd be bang on the money.
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 January, 2018, 12:27:02 PM
Do books hit the shops at the same time they get posted out? Must grab that 2nd Dante but I had the idea it wasn't due till 31st.

Robo-Hunter will be in the shops tomorrow, Dante vol. 2 on 31st.

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 16 January, 2018, 12:31:53 PM
Wow, Nem looks great.

They come to about 240 pages, so yeah, that'd be bang on the money.

Cool, thanks.

Tomwe

Wow, Nem looks great.

Yup, those are the stories alright, plus seven pages of feature. Looks fantastic.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tomwe on 16 January, 2018, 10:28:06 AMGot my books too, the repro in Robo-Hunter is fantastic
Bit random in my copy. Some of Verdus is very washed out and faint. It's not Mega Collection bad, but nothing like the Nemesis book. Relatively poor source files, presumably. I was also a bit surprised to hear Football Crazy was being reprinted, until checking on Barney and seeing it's only 30 pages. Man, that dreck clouded by view of the previous Robo-Hunter reprint. Still, with about 400 pages of classic Robo-Hunter left to collect, what will be omitted? (This assuming the strip gets only two volumes and not three, which would have contained everything and the Hogan run, too.)

Quoteand both books put the Transformers collection to shame with their page counts. Zarjaz!
They are chunky. I've not seen the Transformers books, beyond Target: 2006, which I grabbed for two quid, and then immediately decided not to subscribe to because of the appalling repro. It looks like IDW's given up on the strip, too, unless the sixth UK Classics book might finally appear over two years later than originally scheduled.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 January, 2018, 09:37:39 AM
(This assuming the strip gets only two volumes and not three, which would have contained everything and the Hogan run, too.)
this FB post details Dan Howard asking about this, getting referred to using DMs and then being answered privately that it's three Robo-Hunter books.

I too have found asking via DM will more likely get you the answer you seek.

IndigoPrime

Hmm. So that now raises the question of what might fill the extra space, assuming the next two books aren't a bit skinnier.

Dark Jimbo

I was also a bit surprised to hear Football Crazy was being reprinted, until checking on Barney and seeing it's only 30 pages. Man, that dreck clouded by view of the previous Robo-Hunter reprint.

Eh?

Still, with about 400 pages of classic Robo-Hunter left to collect, what will be omitted? (This assuming the strip gets only two volumes and not three, which would have contained everything and the Hogan run, too.)

Up to the end of Play it Again, Sam is 221 pages (take that away and a second book would be only 139, so it seems pretty certain that's where the book'll be split). The rest of the classic run is 161 pages. You could bulk that up with all Hogan's stories or the majority of the Samantha Slade stuff (minus the final two stories).
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

QuoteEh?
I thought Football Crazy was abysmal last time I read it. A real low-point.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 January, 2018, 09:37:39 AMUp to the end of Play it Again, Sam is 221 pages
I was under the impression there were only two Robo-Hunter books, not three. Still, as Hachette has already said the Hogan run will not be included, it'll be interesting to see what will be. (I'd much sooner have those – and in colour – than Samantha Slade.)

abelardsnazz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 January, 2018, 11:34:00 AM
QuoteEh?
I thought Football Crazy was abysmal last time I read it. A real low-point.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 January, 2018, 09:37:39 AMUp to the end of Play it Again, Sam is 221 pages
I was under the impression there were only two Robo-Hunter books, not three. Still, as Hachette has already said the Hogan run will not be included, it'll be interesting to see what will be. (I'd much sooner have those – and in colour – than Samantha Slade.)

According To Barney, other than Hoagy's First Case, which sounds like it ought to be a hoot, there aren't any annual or special stories from the original run. Maybe it'll be a volume on the slimmer side.

I, Cosh

Could be somewhere to to slip in the stories from the past few years Sci-Fi Specials, et al.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

I wouldn't even mind a bunch of vaugely droid-themed Gibson Dredds to bulk it up...
@jamesfeistdraws