Main Menu

yoincks! followed closely by bah!

Started by judgefloyd, 20 April, 2013, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Well done Tjm86.

Yoinks : Approaching the end of my probationary period in the first full time permanent job I've had in months since being made redundant last year.

Bah: They're really taking speed into account, in their decision whether or not to keep us, and and speed is not my strength, unfortunately. Due to requiring more numbers I keep getting sent upstairs to do another job too. Unlike most in our dept, I quite like the other work, but while I'm doing that, I'm not getting a chance to speed up on my main job, the one I'll be judged on. Sigh.

Woolly

Yoinks: The last two 2000AD Mega Collection deliveries appear to have finally been made! Woop!

Bah: But they've been delivered next door, and there's no-one in. Bugger!

Bolt-01

Yoinks! I scored a decent chunk of voucher from WHSmith so decided to splurge on some Ebooks.

BAH! Didn't realise that the KOBO reader beloved of WHSmith was unable to be used on a kindle. Best I can manage so far is reading on my laptop!

The Legendary Shark

I've found the Open Source program Calibre to be very good at converting e-books from one format to another. Might be worth a shot.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Ooh, cheers Sharky- I'll take a look at that when I on my laptop...

von Boom

Calibre is pretty good at converting formats. Not perfect mind, but an excellent program for the price. The only problem is that you can't upload them to your kindle account any more. Or you couldn't at any rate. It just means you have to plug in the kindle reader to your computer to transfer the books.

Theblazeuk

Kobo usually handles the more universal standard .epub format, whilst Kindle uses .mobi. Caliber does this pretty well but you do often lose some continuity of formatting (paragraph spacing might look a bit jumbled somewhere, etc) but it's not so bad, usually. Some times renders it difficult to read more casually though

Fungus

Yoincks! Needing a break I recently booked a course at the School of Art. Desperately looking forward to this :-)

Bah! 3 days later the School of Art burnt down.

(Yes, the one in all the papers)

DaveGYNWA

Yoincks!! Tomorrow (today!!) is last day of my work week, then off until next Tuesday. Bringing the family to a lovely rock festival up a mountain in Wales, all paid for by work.

Bah! One of our customers logs a support ticket with us this evening which is a massive issue for them, and is going to take up all day tomorrow to explain why it happened and how to recover from it.

Yoincks!! The 'why it happened' is because one their admins deleted some stuff and triggered a chain of events that is easily explainable using the server logs.

Bah!! They're going to play the "nah, that didn't happen....the software must have a bug" game.

Yoincks!! Great...they are going to burn throught their support time to end up with me saying....."Nah, feck off with that...I've been supporting this software for years and know it inside out....you fucked up, admit it. We can see the actions in the logs. Let's help you recover from the issue and you move on with a lesson learned"

Bah!!! Them....with fingers in ears....."blah blah blah can't hear you. not interested"

I'm going to get our technical directory to handle this one tomorrow.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

DaveGYNWA

YOINCKS!!!

They listened to us, accepted our findings, the admin has held his hand up (when faced with the comment that we can see the login name of the admin) and they've begun working on repairing the damage.

No BAH!!!

The Legendary Shark

As Susan Ivanova might say, "no bah today, bah tomorrow. There's always a bah tomorrow."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 July, 2018, 10:06:36 AM

As Susan Ivanova might say, "no bah today, bah tomorrow. There's always a bah tomorrow."

BAH!!! 8 weeks of hot weather...go to a festival, and down comes the rain. And being up a mountain, in Wales, it was really bloody wet. Unfortunately, the kids didn't want to stay beyond the 2nd band as they were absolutely soaked through, so we had to head off and give it a miss. Had a nice weekend in Wales regardless though.

James Stacey

Sun came out for the Wildhearts though

Hawkmumbler

Yoinks! Heading out for a job interview at Media City in the morning for an opportunity i'm super stoked for.

Bah! Might have broken my wrist leaving work this afternoon and falling down a flight of stairs. In A&E right now.*

*Typing with your left hand is tough work lads...

von Boom

Ouch Hawks! Hope the wrist isn't too bad and that the interview is a smashing success for you.