Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobo Baggins

I see a musical number is compulsory in every episode now that Disney own Fox...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 22 July, 2019, 10:18:12 AM
I see a musical number is compulsory in every episode now that Disney own Fox...

It was a very musical period of weeks! That's probably it for a while though, sadly.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Dandontdare

I was at a  music festival at the weekend and one of the DJs kept using the air-horn sound effect - everyone around me thought I was off my head (well I was) because I kept cracking up every time he used it - he was laying down some serious tunes, but all I could think of was "Oh no, the humans are the monsters after all! Bambambam! The aliens are really tiny! Bambambam!"

FoxIsntARobot

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 July, 2019, 08:56:48 AM
I was at a  music festival at the weekend and one of the DJs kept using the air-horn sound effect - everyone around me thought I was off my head (well I was) because I kept cracking up every time he used it - he was laying down some serious tunes, but all I could think of was "Oh no, the humans are the monsters after all! Bambambam! The aliens are really tiny! Bambambam!"

Just <3

sheridan

Quote from: FoxIsntARobot on 27 July, 2019, 11:32:58 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 July, 2019, 08:56:48 AM

Just <3

As many of the episodes are a shade under an hour in length, I've recently taken to scrolling down a random amount of times and playing whatever I land on (roulette style/wheel of fortune style) and listening while I have my lunch.  When I return to the office I continue to listen until my hour is up which is fine...

...until the airhorn sounds and people around can suddently hear weird noises coming from my earphones.  I have to just look at them sheepishly and explain I'm listening to a podcast.  Though it's a very mixed office, so then I sometimes have to explain what a podcast is...

SpaceSpinner2000

I usually say "it's a radio show over the internet" when people ask, then hope they don't have any questions after that!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 28 July, 2019, 01:35:29 AM
I usually say "it's a radio show over the internet" when people ask, then hope they don't have any questions after that!

Suggestion taken - if it comes up again I'll say that!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and sixty-fourth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 523-526 of 2000AD, covering May and June 1987. This time Anderson and Hershey fight the wolf, Dredd fights rats and raggedy men, Rogue fights for his life, Torquemada fights the past, and Mean Team fights a bunch of weirdos. Also DR & Quinch are back to give advice!

This episode Fox mentions the Alton Towers episode of Defunctland. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbuXDlEJPME

More singing this episode I'm afraid, but I think that's it for a least a week or two!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Lobo Baggins

I know someone called D'Antiquis and they pronounce it 'Dee ANT-tick-QUIT-iss', although as it's an Anglicised version of a Dutch name I think your guess is probably as good as any - I know about a dozen people and at least four place names called 'Broughton' and every single one of them pronounce it differently (even though two of them are actually cousins).

I was once in the Hampshire village of Alton (a place mainly know for Sweet Fanny Adams) and was stopped for directions to Alton Towers - I couldn't give exact directions, because they're about a hundred and fifty miles to the north, on the other side of Birmingham. Then I got glared at, as though it was MY fault...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 29 July, 2019, 10:33:11 AM
I was once in the Hampshire village of Alton (a place mainly know for Sweet Fanny Adams) and was stopped for directions to Alton Towers - I couldn't give exact directions, because they're about a hundred and fifty miles to the north, on the other side of Birmingham. Then I got glared at, as though it was MY fault...

I live quite near Alton - that's brilliant!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 29 July, 2019, 11:01:22 AM
I live quite near Alton - that's brilliant!  :lol:

I know, right? That was in about 1996, too, so he couldn't even blame it on a sat-nav. It must have taken real dedication to get THAT lost and confused...

Dandontdare

I work near the Lowry Arts Centre in Salford, and have had to redirect several confused suitcase-laden tourists who can't find the Lowry Hotel - which is a couple of miles away in the City Centre.

sheridan

Try getting directions to Leeds Castle.  Hint - it's nowhere near Leeds in West Yorkshire!

sheridan

rhymezone (rhyming dictionary) comes up with knew some twosome, viewsome twosome, seduce him twosome, introduce some twosome...

SpaceSpinner2000

For the record I'm going with "Toothsome Twosome"

In our thrilling hundred and sixty-fourth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 527-530 of 2000AD, covering June and July 1987. This time Orlock is out, Dredd deals with a Fairly Hyperman, Bad Jack learns some very important things about himself, Rogue frees some slaves, and Ronald Reagan is heading home!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!