Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Skullmo

Another great one. One of my favourite ever Dredd scenes. By Bolland and Leach.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Jim_Campbell

Wow. That's been really well looked-after. It's a miracle all that Letratone hasn't a) discoloured, or b) just peeled off.

Lovely page.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 April, 2019, 12:46:34 PM
Wow. That's been really well looked-after. It's a miracle all that Letratone hasn't a) discoloured, or b) just peeled off.

Lovely page.

Yup - lovely page indeed! (Although as a kid the idea of anyone but Bolland inking Bolland was like fingernails down a blackboard.)

Is the Letratone that prone to aging badly?  I think the earliest artwork I have with it is a McMahon Cursed Earth page (Prog 66) and that's still looking great...  I guess it's partly down to how the art's been stored / handled / displayed.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ming on 24 April, 2019, 01:00:57 PM
Is the Letratone that prone to aging badly?

Less so than the paper and ink they used for the lettering! I know (from having tried to use the damn stuff many years ago) that it's not especially sticky, so it is prone to peeling, especially if it's been trimmed to sharp points to fit a particular shape/space.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Skullmo

Fungus

Pinkest cover ever!
Made for covers rather than strip work, even the mad anatomy was appealing. Great!

Skullmo

Loved Mick's strip work. He was often drafted in at the last minute as he was so fast.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Fungus on 24 April, 2019, 10:23:23 PM
Pinkest cover ever!
Made for covers rather than strip work, even the mad anatomy was appealing. Great!

Aye, such bizarre anatomy - but somehow, it works!
@jamesfeistdraws

Skullmo

Another Mick Austin piece - I got this recently - From the 1994 Yearbook cover the pages are a bit curly as they were stripped from the backing board for drum scanning.

And my favourite Jock cover.

Bolt-01

That Dredd has been my desktop wallpaper for so long...

Link Prime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 29 April, 2019, 09:04:26 AM
That Dredd has been my desktop wallpaper for so long...

It's a fantastic piece.
Jock had such an instant impact.

Dunk!

The Black and White version of a recent Mike Allred commission of mine. Guess the character?

The colourised print version that came with it.

D!
"Trust we"

Dr Feeley Good

Patrick Goddard Judge Dredd title page from the recent Unearthed two parter......

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dunk! on 03 May, 2019, 03:12:04 PM

The Black and White version of a recent Mike Allred commission of mine. Guess the character?

The colourised print version that came with it.

D!

I'm not seeing the pictures - is it just me, as where Michael Allred is involved I'm very interested.