Main Menu

Titan books get it right....

Started by Leigh S, 28 February, 2002, 11:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Its sad I know, but the new intro to the Slaine hardback was enough to prise the money out of my hands.

In it, Pat reveals some interesting things - apparently the editorial team were unsure of Glenn Fabrys artistic ability as they felt he didnt have a grasp of anatomy!!!  Wonder what they would make of some of the artists during the 90s?  He also says that he had the chance to have two talented British artists working on Slaine, who had already made a name for themselves in the US.  However, he felt their styles were too American for the strip.  The only two names that fit this bill that I can think of are Bolland and Gibbons - anyone else got any idea/suggestions as to who these mystery artists were?

Leigh S

The inking duties on one of the episodes of Slaine the King was not Anthony Williams, but Nik Williams, who did a lot of work for Games Workshop, a future shock or two, and an episode of Slaine for Diceman.

Leigh S

Also according to the back cover blurb, Pat is currently writing a new saga for Slaine.  After the Secret Commonwealth, methinks this will definitely be make or break time for the warped one.

JamieB

Damn. Apologies to Nik & Anthony.

*J*