Main Menu

2000 AD Books website updated

Started by IndigoPrime, 25 October, 2006, 12:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Everything up until the end of March is now online in the 'coming soon' section.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/books/" target="_blank">2000 AD Books

Leigh S

Interesting to see Time Killer there - I was half hoping they'd do a case files on early SLaine, but hey ho.  

What they REALLY need to do is reissue the first book with a proper McMahon cover!  Get him to do a poster page for Prog 2007 or where haveyou, and use it on the cover

IndigoPrime

It's good that the Sláine b/w reprints haven't stalled. That said, I was somewhat surprised to see Time Killer on the sheets Jon sent overâ??I was expecting the third hardback volume.

The Adventurer

That new Bad Company cover art looks rather awesome.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

I agree. It really seems to suit the book more than Jock's image.

By the way, for those who are interested, the contents of Storming Heaven (the Frazer Irving collection) are now up on the 'coming soon' page.

Leigh S

Looking at the Slaine page count, it would seem that the next book of b&W slaine will be:

Dragon Heist 49 pages
Time Killer  122 pages

Which would leave another book or 2 to complete the run

They might cram all the remaining B&W 2000AD strips into a meatier tome:

Tomb of Terror 90 pages (excluding the 'game' bits?)
Spoils of Anwwyn  43 pages
Slaine the King   79 pages

Or they might go for two books and include all the gaming stuff:  

Book 3:
Tomb of Terror 110-120ish pages (including the game bits
Cauldron of Blood  17 pages
Dragon Corpse      16 pages
Ring of Danu       28 pages
(might need a few more pages for the game intros and such)

Book 4
Spoils of Anwwyn  43 pages
Slaine the King   79 pages

and maybe a couple of the earlier annual stories and features to pad it out, or steal one of the Dice man strips (though not as tidy a solution).

ming

Adventurer - that McCarthy glory is from a starscan from prog 591:http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/scans/hires/591.jpg">

ThryllSeekyr

Is that what they are doing for 'Slaine: Case Files'.

I'd be looking forward to that and a whole bunch of stuff on Slaine that came our between 'The Horned God saga' and 'Books of invasions'.

Leigh S

Dunno what the intention is with regards the Slaine - I suspect they might just do the three books and quietly forget the gaming stories.  

In some ways that'd be a shame, as the Cauldron of Blood shows how Slaine comes by the erm cauldron of Blood...

In other ways, it would streamline the stories if they kept the gaming elements away, and Dragon corpse and Rings of Danu aren't exactly essential to anything.

Could go either way, though I suspect it'll go the first way described!

ThryllSeekyr

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/books/coming_soon.php" target="_blank">I might be interested in buying that if it hgets a

IndigoPrime

Sláine isn't being released in a chunky case-files-style formatâ??it's being released in the typical rainbow-spine format. In some ways, that's a shame, but rebooting too many series would just annoy people, so it makes sense. As for post-Horned God stuff, a lot of it was collected by Hamlyn. Frankly, I'm not keen on seeing it again any time soonâ??at least not until the likes of Strontium Dog are fully collected.

nick-is-at-home

Will the JD complete case files stop when dredd starts to be in colour?

The Amstor Computer

Nobody knows yet, though it would seem to make sense for the Case Files series to at least change format slightly when they hit the colour Dredds - maybe a drop in page-count?

What I really don't want to see - and I'm hoping the books staff are of the same mind! - are greyscale reprints of the colour Dredd material in any continuation of the Case Files series. It's acceptable for colour centre-spreads in the earlier books, but not for full-colour strips.

IndigoPrime

I've no ideaâ??you'll have to ask Jon. What I *suspect* will happen (and this is just my own opinion) is that Dredd Case Files will continue through the period where there was a colour centre-spread, but will stop when it hits full-colour, simply because the volumes would become absurdly expensive.

davidbishop

Hmm, no mention of the TPO tome being published by Rebellion next February - yet.

david ('no hint of self interest here, oh no') bishop

Link: http://thrillpoweroverload.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">TPO