Main Menu

Movies you haven't seen?

Started by Apestrife, 20 October, 2019, 10:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 October, 2019, 03:46:15 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 October, 2019, 03:43:41 PM
Also how hard is everyone else having to bite their lips to not scream NNNNOOOOO!!!! Watch it - at some folks. It would defeat the purpose (as I see it) of this thread to start doing that but HOT DAMN its tricky!

Too late for me, Colin: but at least I mashed it up with some confessions of my own. Metropolis is one I've also tried at and failed to sit through. (And I managed Nosferatu!)

Ha! That one was posted as I was posting me - I was so proud of everyone up to that point...

...you are of course right though.

Frank

Quote from: I, Cosh on 20 October, 2019, 02:47:48 PM
That Ingmar Bergman one with the dinosaurs.

Wild Stegosauruses

rejected: Fanny & Allosaur, Scenes From A Megaladon

Professor Bear

Taxi Driver, Deer Hunter, Platoon, Inception, Delicatessen, Brazil, The Man Who Fell To Earth, Things To Come, 20 Million Miles To Earth, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Stalker, Repo Man, Videodrome, Cube, World's End, and many more - though I shall hopefully get around to the small pile of dvds nearby and correct most of these in the coming months.

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 October, 2019, 03:08:15 PMneither Paddington

I will save you the trouble: Colonialism and the refugee crisis are whitewashed from the history of Britain, THE END.  The Paddington movies are the equivalent of watching the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony for 300 minutes and are loved only by children who know no better and adults who secretly vote Tory.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

I thought I'd seen Superman, but...

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Professor Bear on 20 October, 2019, 06:15:03 PM
Taxi Driver, Deer Hunter, Platoon, Inception, Delicatessen, Brazil, The Man Who Fell To Earth, Things To Come, 20 Million Miles To Earth, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Stalker, Repo Man, Videodrome, Cube, World's End, and many more

FFS. Given some of the stuff you post about watching, I think we really need to teach you the meaning of the word "priority".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

I have seen Robot Jox at least 16 times.  My conscience is clear.

TordelBack

I can accept many failings in the otherwise-wise, but this....
Quote from: Professor Bear on 20 October, 2019, 06:15:03 PM
Brazil
...is very disappointing information.

Professor Bear

And yet I have seen Meet The Spartans, so it all balances out.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 October, 2019, 07:04:53 PM
I thought I'd seen Superman, but...

I prefer the costume to the Snyder version.  But... you know... Nicholas Cage.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Keef Monkey

My most egregious missed film is definitely The Godfather, never seen any of them. I genuinely think I'd really enjoy them too, so every time I remember it exists I'm surprised and confused that I haven't gotten round to it yet.

sheridan

Another who hasn't seen Godfather here (though I keep meaning to see Robot Jox, I've had a copy for a year or two now).

Mattofthespurs

I must have seen The Godfather and it's sequels hundreds of times.

First time I saw it was when I was around 8 years old and despite being an avid horror film fan during that young period it was a scene in The Godfather that gave me nightmares for some time.

[spoiler]The horse's head in the bed scene.[/spoiler]

Hawkmumbler

I'm very cautious about watching as many so called 'classic movies' as possible. No point rushing them, they're never out of print or off streaming services, hence why i've never seen Lawrence of Arabia, Trainspotting, Oliver!, or Dead Mans Shoes despite all being ingrained in internet and global pop culture. I'll get around to them eventually, along with a lot of movies already covered.

Quote from: Professor Bear on 20 October, 2019, 07:18:15 PM
I have seen Robot Jox at least 16 times.  My conscience is clear.

Ditto.

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 21 October, 2019, 11:15:26 AM
I'm very cautious about watching as many so called 'classic movies' as possible. No point rushing them, they're never out of print or off streaming services, hence why i've never seen Lawrence of Arabia, Trainspotting, Oliver!, or Dead Mans Shoes despite all being ingrained in internet and global pop culture. I'll get around to them eventually, along with a lot of movies already covered.

Never even heard of Dead Mans Shoes - is this a recent film?