Main Menu

Making my own Don Uggie Apelino!

Started by shaolin_monkey, 09 August, 2015, 06:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Howdy folks. Fresh from my success with making my own Gronk and Sensitive Klegg, I looked at my leftover wire and clay, and wondered if I had enough for another figure.

I played with the wire and found I could do a basic humanoid figure, so decided to go ahead with one of my ideas for another project - Don Uggie Apelino.

I bloody love Don Uggie, partly 'cos I have a thing about apes and monkeys already.  I was particularly pleased to see him reappear in the recent Dredd/Mars Attack.

However, it is this rendition I'm aiming for:

You may have seen a bit of the process on my FB page already, but I'll go back to the start.

So here goes - wire frame Uggie!

Colin YNWA

Well I never hide my love of the ape, so I reckon you know I'm pleased about this one. Can't wait.

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 August, 2015, 06:32:49 PM
However, it is this rendition I'm aiming for:

I'm going to hazard a guess that's from the Games Workshop RPG, but I'm outside keeping an eye on the BBQ so can't pop in and check...

That's a first world problem, right?

shaolin_monkey

That is from the RPG, but I believe it's a panel pinched from Prog 39 (Monkey Business? The Ape Gang? Something like that), though may need someone else to confirm that?

Anyway, filling the wire frame with foil:

shaolin_monkey

shaolin_monkey

shaolin_monkey

shaolin_monkey

One or two adjustments then he's going in the oven. I had to use a large safety pin for the finer detail.

shaolin_monkey

He's out of the oven.  As you can see, he's a bit smaller than Gronk and SK.

Richmond Clements

shaolin_monkey

Thanks Richmond! I'm quite pleased with him, particularly getting in the detail with the safety pin.

I may have time to add a lick of paint at some point this week, but in the meantime here he is with my other guys.

TordelBack

Seems about the right size to me, comapred to the Klegg - Don Uggie's relatively small as the members of the Ape Gang go.  He sure ain't no Joe Bananas.

shaolin_monkey

The scale was a happy accident really, due to lack of wire and clay.

CrazyFoxMachine

Wow - came back from work to this! You're a fast worker SM - beautiful job!

shaolin_monkey

Cheers CFM!

Painting this guy Ida massive pain in the arse - so fiddly!