Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements / Re: Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth card game
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 09:03:52 am »
Five more games and I'm going to start with an extra protagonist!

You could pretend Mean is having an episode and sides with the law. Or make your own card I guess. Perfect opportunity for an extension pack :-)

I managed to snag all the additional cards that have come out, so I've got a choice of one survival judge (Dredd), two (three?) diplomats and two psis.
Books & Comics / Re: Whats everyone reading?
« Last post by IAMTHESYSTEM on Today at 08:57:38 am »
Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell. Scandi Noir from the early 1990s and very prescient with its racism fears over immigration and a double murder for Wallander to solve. It really could have been written about yesterdays headlines a frighteningly accurate view of our world almost 30 years on.
Events / Re: LAWLESS: A Celebration Of British Comics 2019
« Last post by Steve Green on Today at 08:57:30 am »
Event has now sold out!

Also no tickets on the door.
Announcements / Re: Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth card game
« Last post by robert_ellis on Today at 08:34:03 am »
There’s a bonus promo card of Judge Hershey on the cover of TableTop Gaming this month. Great art by Dan Cornwell.
Prog / Re: Prog 2123 - It's Time To Bring The Magic Back.
« Last post by Trout on Today at 01:06:27 am »
My favourite story was Survivals Geeks, which was a lot of fun. That letter made me a bit teary, too, reading it almost exactly two years aince my own mum died. She introduced me to comics as a way of encouraging me to read. A nice sentiment making that the star letter with added KTT. Well done, Tharg!
Books & Comics / Oink
« Last post by JayzusB.Christ on 19 March, 2019, 10:13:57 pm »
I've been joyfully perusing the online scans of my favourite comic as a child, Oink.  There is so much stuff that I couldn't possibly have understood that it's ridiculous; a lot of it by Jeremy Banx who didn't seem to care he was writing for children.  And I love him for it.

First of all there was Keith Disease, the living print of a punk kid on Hector Vector's talking T-shirt.  He calls his poor owner both 'hairless' and 'pre-pubescent' and later goes on to screech out the first verse of Anarchy in the UK while carol-singing. (As an adult he obviously went back to his real surname, Flint, and sadly left us a couple of weeks ago.)

There was also Burp the alien, who actually makes me far queasier as an adult than he did then.  He meets an alien king at one point: a Prince Charles lookalike called 'King Parasite the Inbred.'

Also the violence level of the comic in general was insane; families murdering each other for laughs, kids dying comic deaths, blood and guts flowing like the prog at its goriest.

A bit of Kev O'Neill there too: his Santa Claus is revealed to be a filthy, emaciated, child-hating  Steptoe-esque degenerate in a fat suit.

I loved it, and I still do. Shame the smutty little oiks that created it were never heard from again.  Charlie who?

General / Re: Munce is here
« Last post by JayzusB.Christ on 19 March, 2019, 09:58:00 pm »
I want a sausage tree in my garden asap. I don't have a garden, but I want the treemeat.
Film & TV / Re: The Witcher Netflix Series
« Last post by Funt Solo on 19 March, 2019, 09:29:12 pm »
So, you want them to cast elves and dwarves?

Off Topic / Re: Happy Paddy's Day
« Last post by JayzusB.Christ on 19 March, 2019, 09:22:23 pm »
Ugh. Did anyone else feel like this the next day?

A thousand times yes. I even screamed as I woke up
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10