Main Menu

Shane Black's The Predator

Started by Goaty, 16 February, 2016, 11:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Ouch.

A very painful watch, considering I'd very high hopes with the writer-director involved.

Terrible dialogue, scenes falling badly flat and rubbish CGI all combined to leave me struggling to watch to the end.

I'm sure there will be a bloody excellent article / documentary somewhere down the line that tries to answer the question of what went so badly wrong.

Tiplodocus

You lot are harsh. I just put this on my Christmas list.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Spikes

The bulk of it is/was on Youtube. T'was shite.

That ending.  ::)

More laughable was the alternative endings. One featured Ripley coming back through time to battle the Predator. T'other one substituted Ripley for Newt.

Yes, really. 

Rately

Quote from: Spikes on 01 January, 2019, 06:08:16 PM

More laughable was the alternative endings. One featured Ripley coming back through time to battle the Predator. T'other one substituted Ripley for Newt.

Yes, really.

What the actual...

Sounds horrendous.

Sinx

An absolute pile of steaming do-do. I'm truly mystified as to how films this bad get through being scripted, cast, filmed and post production without anyone realising what an utter cack doughnut they've created.

Mardroid

radiator

Yes, really.

I miss the days when there was a divide between fan films and real films.

Professor Bear

Yeah sorry but the reveal that the "Predator killer" was an incubating Alien is a far better end note than that Iron Man shit.  It also sounds like the similarity to Ellen Ripley is little more than an Easter Egg that was taken literally.

Rately

Quote from: radiator on 22 January, 2019, 11:37:04 PM

Yes, really.

I miss the days when there was a divide between fan films and real films.

:lol:

Some of the fan fiction is much better than what the studio's produce.