Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Ordered.

Love a good small press publication, me.  :)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

Bit of cross-posting, but if anyone out there that reads Zarjaz (or any other SP titles of quality) and wants to pick up a copy of the LawgIVer programme we did, then I've got a handful of copies. If you place an order for a comic, and want one- let me know and I'll add it to the envelope.

Leigh S

Ooh - If they arent already gone, then put me down for one with my dB (just ordered, but didnt see anywhere I could add a request on)!

Bolt-01

This is nice...

The ComicHaus webpage is featuring the mighty FutureQuake...

Bolt-01

And while I'm about posting stuff...

Cover by Steven Austin, on sale Sunday- Contents to follow then.

Bolt-01

Cover by Steven Austin

Now available via the FQP WEBSHOP, Zarjaz 31 sees the first appearances of Torquemada- Grand Master of Termight as he brings purification to the masses and Button Man Harry Exton makes his debut in 'Lucky Man' by Lizzie & Conor Boyle.

48 pages for the incredible price of £3.00

Also in this issue:

Anderson, PSI- Facing Evil's Past by writer John Osborne and artist Dave Peloe

Bix Barton- Rum Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em by writer Mark Howard and artist Simon Bennett Hayes

Button Man- Lucky Day by writer Lizzie Boyle and artist Conor Boyle

Judge Dredd- Descendants part02 by writers RoboMonkey147 & Colin Clayton and artist RoboMonkey147

Judge Fudge And His Pals by writer Matt Sharp and artist Jonathan Dhenry

Torquemada- Heads you lose by writer Lee Robson and artist Steven Denton

What are you waiting for- go buy a copy now.

Daveycandlish

Ordered! Looking forward to reading this!  :) :)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Bolt-01

Fill yer boots Doc, and maybe one day the comiXology balance will reach the point where they actually pay something towards the creators!

It might be worth mentioning, as I get asked fairly often if Zarjaz & Dogbreath will make an appearance on the comiXology, Comichaus or comicsy websites. the answer is no. Rebellion told me they would prefer that not to happen so make sure you get a print copy while you can, squaxx.

The only digital editions are the specials- Dark Judgement 1 & 2 (Link to the download page via the ECBT page) by Rich McAuliffe, Conor Boyle and Jim Campbell, STAK! and DROKK!  (both available via comicsy)

Seeing those I think the next special should be either 'Funt!' or 'Sneck!'

Lobo Baggins

Issue 31 of Zarjaz is brought to you by the song "You Keep Me Hangin' on" for some reason...

Even though I haven't heard it for years, it seems that the Kim Wilde version is all over the place this week.  Gruddam Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Bolt-01

Cracking review courtesy of Rich McAuliffe to be found on ECBT...

Linky!

Bolt-01

Thanks BCB- we've had some good feedback this issue.

Steven Denton

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 11 July, 2018, 12:40:45 AM
https://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.com/2018/07/zarjaz-issue-31-review.html

My art was produced at A4 with a relatively thick line and high contrast in an attempt to make it more readable at A5. Pages I have produce A3 and with thinner lines and/or hatching I have found disappointing once printed. I do think that I need to tidy up my inking for this approach to work as I'm naturally a scratchy and messy artist. There is also too much detail in some of the frames for the approach I was using. Hopefully it's readable enough but it could do with being cleaner (which my next strip for Dogbreath is)