Main Menu

Prog 2091 - Area of attack!

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 July, 2018, 09:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Is that 'Banzai Battalion: inside a toilet' on the cover?
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

So there's a lot going on in this week's Prog, and having wasted half the afternoon fantasising about Strontium Dog minis, I haven't time to tackle it all now, but I will say this: where the hell does Tharg source his art talent from, and why can no other publisher in comics match it.  Is there a page in this week's entire comic that isn't spectacular?  Sullivan, Manco, Burns, Hitchcock, Kendall and Harrison: yez are all so different, and all wonderful, take a collective bow!

Tomwe

Quote from: SIP on 24 July, 2018, 08:12:16 AM
Anyone still waiting on this prog to arrive? Mine is MIA.
Strangely, just as I was gearing up to send an email, Prog 2091 dropped on the mat on Saturday. Seems very strange for the distributors to be pulling a Hachette on us after our whinging about the Ultimate Collection's schedule. With any luck 2092 will be here before Wednesday and this will be but a hiccup.

Tomwe

Quote from: Tomwe on 29 July, 2018, 10:52:29 PM
Quote from: SIP on 24 July, 2018, 08:12:16 AM
Anyone still waiting on this prog to arrive? Mine is MIA.
Strangely, just as I was gearing up to send an email, Prog 2091 dropped on the mat on Saturday. Seems very strange for the distributors to be pulling a Hachette on us after our whinging about the Ultimate Collection's schedule. With any luck 2092 will be here before Wednesday and this will be but a hiccup.
yup - prog 2092 arrived today

sheridan

Boyhood of a Superfiend was written by Brian Skuter, as told to him by Sidney, while Tainted is omniscient third person narration.  Plenty of room for errors, embellishment and fabrication in the former.

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 30 July, 2018, 01:11:12 PM

Boyhood of a Superfiend was written by Brian Skuter, as told to him by Sidney, while Tainted is omniscient third person narration.  Plenty of room for errors, embellishment and fabrication in the former.

S'right.  Boyhood is self-serving auto-hagiography, and a bit pants in places TBH (art aside).  However, all the Omniscient Long says here is "this talent is new to him", he doesn't say this is the first time he's used it.  Squinting long-sightedly at the printed word like an old man is new to me too, but I've been doing it for several months now...

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 July, 2018, 02:20:24 PM

S'right.  Boyhood is self-serving auto-hagiography, and a bit pants in places TBH (art aside).  However, all the Omniscient Long says here is "this talent is new to him", he doesn't say this is the first time he's used it.  Squinting long-sightedly at the printed word like an old man is new to me too, but I've been doing it for several months now...

:-D

Mardroid

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 July, 2018, 02:20:24 PM

And considering his father's corpse hasn't deteriorated much*, maybe this isn't too long after he has become undead. He is referred to as the 'new chief judge' a few times after all.

Granted the state of the world might suggest it's been happening for a good while, but I think it's more a case that the process has accelerated in recent years. I am referring to the post apocalyptic nature of the world and destruction of society here as I think the whole process from the beginning has actually taken a very long time, before even the Dark Judges appeared on the scene. I haven't read all of young Death, but wasn't the justice department of Deadworld more much more brutal and inclined towards the death penalty than the Meg's version even before Sydney and co played their part?

* Although future embalming methods might play in that.