Main Menu

Prog 2097 - Psychos A-Go-Go!

Started by sheridan, 04 September, 2018, 08:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 September, 2018, 12:58:14 AM
Hmmm, are we really just talking about Devlin, Dandridge and Ampney Crucis* in the 'fop' category though, aren't we?  (Fair few donnish types in Necronauts and Caballistics Inc too). Unless we include God-smiting Harry Kipling, and I'd be against that.  Vespertine is something else again too. 

And set against that we have the Anti-Fops of Absalom, Stickleback, Chapter & Verse, Carver Hale (oh-so brief, oh-so long ago and oh-so Constantine) and (possibly) Aquila (although he's more a plaything of unspeakable ancient powers than an investigator).

*Incidentally, I don't think it's fair to say Devlin is a 'crappy archetype' just because of his 'dear boy' tendencies - he was something entirely new, to my mind.

I was thinking of Bix Barton also, although it's been so long since I've read any that I can't remember it very well.

Also the professor from The Alienist, although he's an actor being controlled by Vespertine.

I think 'crappy archetype' was a bit harsh so apologies for that.

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 10 September, 2018, 01:02:30 PM
I was thinking of Bix Barton also, although it's been so long since I've read any that I can't remember it very well.

I'll see your Bix Barton, and in response I'll raise you a Bec & Cawl. 

JamesC

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 September, 2018, 02:45:18 PM

In all honesty, all I can remember about Bec and Cawl is that I didn't find it funny and I think there were lots of jokes about smoking weed?
If you say they were occult investigators I'll take your word for it!

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 10 September, 2018, 02:49:23 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 September, 2018, 02:45:18 PM

In all honesty, all I can remember about Bec and Cawl is that I didn't find it funny and I think there were lots of jokes about smoking weed?
If you say they were occult investigators I'll take your word for it!

I thought Bec and Cawl was okay, but can't remember anything about it - including if there was any occult stuff in it!

Tiplodocus

Steve Roberts art? I liked that. And it did actually make me lol a couple of times... just not enough. Comedy is hard enough. Comedy in comics must be murder!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 10 September, 2018, 07:58:35 PM
Steve Roberts art? I liked that. And it did actually make me lol a couple of times... just not enough. Comedy is hard enough. Comedy in comics must be murder!

Aye. They weren't investigators but kept stumbling into lots of occult stuff. The first few tries were basically just movie references with nothing else to support them but, by the end, the strip had grown past that and I was enjoying it a lot.
We never really die.