Main Menu

AUGUST ART COMP - PROPAGANDA

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 August, 2015, 01:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From July's winner Nic Freeman:

Quote2000ad is full of wars and authoritarian regimes. Produce a piece of propaganda for one of them.
The Justice department or democracy movement in Dredd
The terminators against deviants in Nemesis
Nort / Souther propoganda in Rogue
Anti mutant propaganda in Strontium Dog
Join up to fight the Krewl in Bad Company
The list goes on and on...

There will be a prize for the winner, and one for Tharg's Choice! All entries will be featured on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp) where they are admired by our 606 followers! There will also be a bonafide 2000 AD droid judging their favourite entry for Droid's Choice....!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 30th OF AUGUST WHEN WE SHALL BOARD THE VOTING MONORAIL

Dark Jimbo

Nice topic - must make time for an entry!
@jamesfeistdraws

stuartcatley

Instant inspiration for this one  :D

James Dilworth

Andy Lambert

Fair play to you, stuartcatley - I thought this was a genuine 2000ad piece being used as an example - it's THAT good..!!
It's going to take an outstanding bit of artwork to beat that...!

stuartcatley

Wow, thanks Andy, that's quite a compliment

sheridan

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 August, 2015, 01:22:17 AM
All entries will be featured on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp) where they are admired by our 606 followers!
609 now...

Fungus

Fantastic image, and pose.
I'm confused by the message, propaganda is smack-you-in-the-chops unambiguous, or it just doesn't work. Sentiment here can be read a couple of ways. Overall, it's anti-judge...? Anyway, had to share my musings.
As an art comp theme, this is a really juicy one to tackle  :)

deedeetee

Great picture Stuart, your style reminds me of Jock. :)

Ok, here's my entry, drumming up recruits to enter into come very Bad Company:

And not an entry, but by way of contrast, here's my Ewins/McCarthy homage black and white version, over which I digitally painted:

Neil McClements

Based on a British WW2 propaganda poster "Loose lips sink ships"

shaolin_monkey

Neil McClements

Before I forget the little head is based on a sketch by Chris Ready and used with permission.  http://disasteryear20xx.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/sketch-wednesday-hammerstein-ro-busters.html

allied72

Albion

Art by me. Text by Sefton Disney.
Influenced by Iron Maiden's The Trooper.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Leigh S

Fast and furious this month - If you are familiar with the original Struwwelpeter, this might make more sense, but a crossover felt right, like no right felt before! The book is full of "funny" poems to teach children moral lessons such as don't suck your thumb, don;t play with matches and (in this version) don't dally with deviants! A bit of light reading for Termight children aged 3-6....