Main Menu

Dredd Movies - the official line

Started by Mk13, 23 October, 2001, 11:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk13

Bloody hell, you lot are in a miserable mood today.

Here's the official line on the Dredd movies, and I'll answer a couple of the questions that have come up (if you have any more, let me know).

Yes, the movies are official, the deal has been signed, they will happen.

Needless to say, the budget's not $100-150 million, but it is quite substantial. It is possible to make a decent film without spending Pearl Harbour sized amounts of money - it's been done plenty of times in the past (even in sci-fi) - so there's no reason to jump to the conclusion straight away that they'll be crap. Wait and see.

Because Shoreline is an independent, 2000 AD will retain editorial control, so we can assure everyone that Dredd will be the Dredd you know and love, and all original characters will be preserved in the form in which they currently exist.

Matt

If you will regain editorial control can I be in it then? Maybe you could run a competion for loyal squaxx de thargo to appear in the background. A bit like those Friends competions that run on Radio One from time to time.

Who does the editorial team want to play Dredd?

Matt

Will Billy Dee Williams be starring as Judge Giant?

Mk13

:If you will regain editorial control can I be in it then? Maybe you could run a competion for loyal squaxx de thargo to appear in the background. A bit like those Friends competions that run on Radio One from time to time.

Interesting idea - I'll suggest it to the powers that be...

:Who does the editorial team want to play Dredd?

Clint Eastwood about 25 years ago! Clancy 'Kurgan' Brown and Vin Diesel would also make cool Dredds. Dunno who's in consideration for the film, but being able to portray a convincing Dredd is more important than star status as far as I'm concerned.

GordonR

:Who does the editorial team want to play Dredd?

Judgin by the stellar line-up of the production company's other movies to date, it'll probably be Jan Michael Vincent ;>

korky

LETS ALL HOPE  THE STORY IS A LOT STRONGER AND WHO EVER PLAYS OLD STONE FACE KEEPS HIS HELMET ON AND CHIN UP . AS FOR THE LOOK OF THE BIG MEG THE STALLONE CITIE LOOKED OK AT TIMES BUT NEVER GAVE THE RIGHT FEEL IN CLOSE UP. THE ONLY REEL THING I AM WORRIED ABOUT IS WILL IT GET OFF THE GROUND HOW MANY TIMES DID WE HEAR THAT THE FIRST FILM WAS GOING INTO PRODUCTION. IN OTHER WORDS SEEING IS BELIEVING.......  

korky

BINGO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ME TO PLAY THE LEAD, I HAVE THE CHIN FOR IT AND ITS BEST IF I KEEP MY HELMET ON IF YOU KNOW WOT I MEAN

kraken

YaaaaaY!!!
I fer one am most pleased. Its totally brightened my week up!
Im off into the street to sing and twirl round and round!!

W. R. Logan

I think enough posts are going around about the movie but I recieved
one from Jason Kingsley earlier and just wanted to put one point out:

++++++
It's early days yet, and things could fall through, but we have
high hopes.  And DREDD WILL NOT TAKE HIS HELMET OFF.

- Jason
++++++

Lets keep our fingers crossed and look forward to 2003 and 2004

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79

Keef Monkey

My finger slipped on the iPad and I wound up in this thread somehow. Spooky to read now, I remember at the time thinking another Dredd movie would never, ever happen...