Main Menu

My Dredd screenplay

Started by Thread Zero, 24 October, 2001, 07:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

I would start the movie set in contemporary New York.
Show crimes there and show the police department's inability to curb the crime rate.

Then we morph into the future maybe with an image of a mushroom cloud in the background representing the atomic wars.

Pan out from New York onto the Mega City 1 itself.
Then maybe to Rowdy Yates Block.
To inside Dredd's apartment getting dressed in his uniform. Then out to bike bay and onto streets.

Show signs saying no littering, no stopping, no spitting, no robot dogs without muzzles etc. This should show the absurdity of the world we are in.

We begin with an absurdist crime ideally. Maybe fatties doing a bank heist on surfing boards! That could be hilarious!

Then the actual plot begins. If corruption and Death are to be done in the first two movies then I like the idea of a criminal who finds a flaw in the justice Dept cloning programme and manages to corrupt it. All cloned Judges are susceptible to some sort of manipulation or disease.
Dredd has to track down the bad guy before his very own DNA is destroyed.

So anyone like my idea?

scojo

pauljholden

>To inside Dredd's apartment getting dressed in his uniform. Then out to bike bay and onto streets
>Dredd has to track down the bad guy before his very own DNA is destroyed.

Again with the slightly camp dredd and the obsession with Dredd's DNA.

Come on Scojo! Let's have something different, there's a whole world of ideas out there, start off with ... I dunno, nanotech is always good, as are fractals.

And if you can work Vampires into it then you're onto a right winner.

I'd suggest somesort of nano-vampires that form fractal patterns and use chaos theory to manipulate Dredd's DNA. You can keep that idea, for free. I don't even want writting credits (sadly, I've only MSAgent 1.0 which likes to keep 95% of my resources and stops working every 10 minutes)

- mrcomicus

Thread Zero

With respect, I haven't a clue what you are talking about!

Fractals?

Eh?

I know what fractals are (computer graphics of a sort) but don't see what you are on about...:o)

By the way, my helter skelter script had nothing to do with DNA.
The DNA was mentioned because an alternate Dredd appeared in Mega City One. The rest of my script had nothing to do with it!

The idea of the elite cloned judges being at the mercy of a master criminal has great potential.
I think my idea is as good as the one that will probably appear.

However that is merely one of several ideas I have for a Dredd screenplay.

scojo

GordonR

Don't forget the vital plot point revolving around the details of random cell division.  That'll have 'em glued to their cinema seats.

I'd agree about getting away from the whole cloning/DNA thing.  After all, the Stallone movie revolved heavily around clones and cloning, and we all know how that worked out, right?

malkymac

Are you that same weirdo bloke from years ago? The one that chased female members from the board and then published the shite movie screenplay and became really arsey about it when criticised?

I apologise if I have got the wrong guy but some stuff here seems very familiar.

Van Dom

WHOA!
That scared the shit out of me for a second there. Thought it was a new thread!!!!!
Malkymac you seem to have stumbled through a wormhole in time and ended up back in 2001...??
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Dandontdare

I assume Malkymac was responding to a new post that has since been disintegrated! This is from before my time, but even I had a shiver of horror when I read that title.... :o

malkymac

Quote from: Van Dom on 04 June, 2010, 11:30:18 PM
WHOA!
That scared the shit out of me for a second there. Thought it was a new thread!!!!!
Malkymac you seem to have stumbled through a wormhole in time and ended up back in 2001...??

2001? Those were my salad days when I was green and in my youth! Sorry about any bad memories I brought up.

Van Dom

No bad memories I wasnt even here then! But Ive HEARD about this, and read through these some of these threads....and that gave me a shock!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Alski

You know, they probably have a screenplay already...

Hopefully with vampires.

Also, that's not a screenplay, it's a few ideas for a 5 minute intro.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

JOE SOAP

Quote from: malkymac on 04 June, 2010, 11:25:57 PM
Are you that same weirdo bloke from years ago? The one that chased female members from the board

What female members?

Have the moderators been informed?

Jared Katooie

Can people please try to avoid resurrecting threads like these? Necro-posting is annoying enough without adding unpleasant memories to the mix.

It's made even worse by the fact that this particular bad memory is NINE FRIGGING YEARS OLD!

flip-r mk2

...and so the Pandorica begins to open.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 05 June, 2010, 03:24:28 AM
Can people please try to avoid resurrecting threads like these? Necro-posting is annoying enough without adding unpleasant memories to the mix.

It's made even worse by the fact that this particular bad memory is NINE FRIGGING YEARS OLD!

Making you feel old is it?, that you've wasted your life on a forum of loons.

Jared Katooie

Nonsense, those were the best years of my life.

Unfortunately.

:|