Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anzati

If you log into their website, you should be able to work it out. So far each of my deliveries has arrived 7 days after it has appeared on my account and the second batch appeared on my account exactly one calendar month after the first one did. The details on the site say that although the issues are in shops fortnightly, subscribers will only get one delivery per calendar month, so that you never get charged twice in the same month.

Bat King

WHS suck & blow simultaneously.

I used to like them. They didn't do a big mean thing to me they just got rubbish at everything. Oh, apart from when they his 2000ad completely by putting it behind the 'Customer Service' desk that wasn't staffed at lunch time; idiots.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Magnetica

Well its the only shop near me that sells both 2000AD and the Megazine, so they are ok in my book. Virtually no newsagents I know get either other than the odd copy.

Geoff

Good thinking Anzati I'll check that out, cheers!

IronGraham

Quote from: James Stacey on 12 March, 2015, 06:04:51 PM
Ruder than the average Forbidden Planet :o

of the forbidden planets I've been to the staff have been nice and helpful
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Mike Carroll

Quote from: IronGraham on 13 March, 2015, 10:52:15 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 12 March, 2015, 06:04:51 PM
Ruder than the average Forbidden Planet :o

of the forbidden planets I've been to the staff have been nice and helpful

Same here - never had a single cause for complaint about Forbidden Planet stores! In every FP I've visited I've always found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable!

-- Mike

Steve Green

Ditto.

I've only experienced the London store through it's various incarnations, but it's always been fine.

BPP

Mine has one decent guy and seven who hate comics.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Fungus

Quote from: BPP on 13 March, 2015, 05:08:42 PM
Mine has one decent guy and seven who hate comics.

You can't argue with stats (hm, not true...).

To paraphrase that line about holiday destinations, FP is decent enough to pop into but I'd hate to work there.

TordelBack

Yeah, there's one fairly distracted relatively new guy in FP Dublin, but everyone else there has been lovely and helpful. It lacks the chatty intimacy of Sub City or Big Bang, but that's just a question of scale really.

Judge Olde

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 March, 2015, 11:34:55 AM
Quote from: rogue69 on 10 March, 2015, 10:46:44 PM
My local W H Smiths has stopped stocking this on their shelves, but has put copies of the Origins TPB on promotion next to 2000AD
Hmm. Bit underhand, that.

I was talking to WHS staff, was told that this is standard for them. If you ask them to get it for you, they keep it in a folder for you. But they don't keep copies on the shelves.

Same for million part model series they do, build the Falcon etc.

IndigoPrime

To clarify, I don't think it underhand that they are no longer selling the artwork; I think it underhand they are facing an Origins paperback next to 2000 AD, when they know full well people will potentially confuse it with the Origins artwork and purchase it in error.

Anzati

Quote from: Judge Olde on 14 March, 2015, 12:02:28 PM
...If you ask them to get it for you, they keep it in a folder for you. But they don't keep copies on the shelves.

I asked them about that...however I think that the £30 deposit is a tad excessive :(

Skullmo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 March, 2015, 01:11:37 PM
To clarify, I don't think it underhand that they are no longer selling the artwork; I think it underhand they are facing an Origins paperback next to 2000 AD, when they know full well people will potentially confuse it with the Origins artwork and purchase it in error.

What artwork? I am so confused
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fungus

I think... he means partwork.
Also... deposit?!
Also... 'promotion'. Maybe wrongly, I consider that as discounted. Origins trades still placed with the prog in my WHS are full price, else I may have picked it up (an essential trade for lapsed Earthlets like me yet to read it).