Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 December, 2014, 04:17:54 PM
Quote from: Grugz on 28 December, 2014, 03:55:01 PM
its like those houses that home small...no scratch that, any children that is spotless

Whist at a friend's house last Summer, another friend with a couple of children (about 6 & 8) came round. The hostess asked if the kids wanted to play in the garden whilst we chatted. Mum was horrified - turns out they are NEVER allowed to play in ANY garden, even their own, because "they might get dirty". I weep for those kids.

[Four Yorkshiremen] When  I were a kid we were lucky if we were allowed indoors at all! [/Four Yorkshiremen]
You may quote me on that.

I, Cosh

I find the shoe thing a bit weird, never having been used to it in my own home, but it doesn't bother me.

What really grinds my gears is... people whining about how rubbish New Year is and it's really busy and you can't get in anywhere and you feel forced to do something and blah blah blah. I'm sure there's been the odd misfire but, by and large, I've always tremendously enjoyed Hogmanay no matter where I've ended up.
We never really die.

Spaceghost

Quote from: radiator on 27 December, 2014, 11:30:57 AM
People who ask you to take your shoes off when you visit their house. As with the tightwad thing earlier, why go out of your way to make your friends and family feel uncomfortable? Is it really that important?

It's shoes off in our house I'm afraid, and it's a purely cultural thing.

My wife is Japanese and, over there, walking into someone's house with your shoes on would be a jaw-dropping faux pas akin to wiping your bare arse on the curtains.

I'm always embarrassed to have to ask guests who don't cotton on themselves, but it has to be done.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Hawkmumbler

People who see me with my current partner, then I talk about a girlfriend I was with until last year. They they're like "Sp are you gay or not?".

It's called Bi-erasing and it pisses me the fuck off.

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 December, 2014, 12:09:09 PM
It's called Bi-erasing and it pisses me the fuck off.b

People are thick, this kind of thing is about reducing you down so you fit into the binary system of sexuality that is all they can cope with. Pity them, but don't let it annoy you.

Hawkmumbler

Even so, I feel like we live in a two camp society. Your ever straight (i.e. desirable) or bent (i.e. undesirable) and people like me who like to keep our fingers in both pies* are considered myths.  :|

*Poorly worded analogy.

Grugz

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 December, 2014, 01:23:36 PM
I feel like we live in a two camp society.

a missed pun if ever there was one ,my mate was delriiously unhappy in the 25 years ive known him while he was married , he seems more chilled and happy now hes got a fella ...and he lives on the west coast or inverness  so I'm as jealous as hell.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

NapalmKev

"Leaving a window open is an Invitation for Thieves!"*

Pffft, like Fuck it is!

Cheers

*Whenever I hear this I like to respond with - "If someone steals from me is that an Invitation for me to Kick their Head in[/?"i]
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Theblazeuk

radiator

Friend requests from people I went to primary school with.

Yeah, let's be 'friends' - it'll be great! We can reminisce about that time we were briefly in proximity of one another a lifetime ago, and talk about how I can barely even half-remember who you actually are!

The Legendary Shark

That's no way to talk about your old teachers.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

ZenArcade

Friends are enemies you just happen to have met. You aren't in competition for resource with the stranger; you are in competition with your neighbour....you are both after the same thing. z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

shaolin_monkey

What grinds my gears sometimes is how people can be so accidentally ironic without realising it. 

For example, there's a push at my workplace to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (slogan 'Fight for every heartbeat!') with a cake sale.  A FUCKING CAKE SALE!!!!

*facepalm*

Spaceghost

Quote from: ZenArcade on 21 January, 2015, 11:15:00 PM
Friends are enemies you just happen to have met. You aren't in competition for resource with the stranger; you are in competition with your neighbour....you are both after the same thing. z

Conversely, enemies are people you've met who turned out to be cunts.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...