Main Menu

FFT - 3rd place play-off - Nemesis the Warlock vs Lawless

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 September, 2022, 06:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I mean, if Nemesis went so close to taking out Dante, it feels like Lawless has no chance when the warlock's fans show up en masse.

Again, I have a lot of time for those early Nemesis strips, which shaped what 2000 AD could be. But I'd also argue Lawless shapes what the Meg is. When it appears, the entire publication gets a lift. And for me it's been consistently great – a rare Dreddworld strip that keeps firing on all cylinders.

I'd vote Nemesis over a lesser thrill, some of the heavy hitters (like Rogue Trooper) and pretty much anything else Mills has written for 2000 AD. But. I mostly veer towards now over then, which is backed up when I read stuff, so it's Lawless for me.

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

paddykafka

Sean SD

Richard

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic today, but Nemesis gets my vote. Admittedly it was close, and I veered wildly one way and the other during the course of the morning. But, while I love Lawless and want to see it continue to whatever conclusion is planned with the same creative team attached... Nemesis has been a constant in my life for decades. And here I want to make it very clear that the single greatest book of Nemesis is Book Two . Those spiders, man, they make it the single most frightening comic strip ever to be published.

SBT

Mike Carroll

Leigh S

maryanddavid

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

WhizzBang

Funt Solo

As a blindly nostalgic Mills fanboy I can't even engage my prefrontal cortex and my limbic instincts are just forcing me, almost mindlessly, to vote for Nemesis the Warlock. If only I were capable of reason, I might have voted for whoever the opponent is this time.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!