London's Burning - Prog 1396

Started by GrudAlmighty, 28 June, 2004, 05:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrillpowerseeker

VampiraJen

Trout

It's never really Tom Frame, is it?

Hello, Tom, and welcome!

Who's got that Dreddcon pic from when we ambushed Tom when he was pissed and made him get his photograph taken with us?

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.

- Tom Frame's stalker

SamG

Ok, from the front...

Cover:  Very nice.  I especially like the way the logo, the "in orbit..." circle and the bar code are integrated into the picture, rather than being plonked on top/obscured.

P14:  Laughed like a small child with a fresh sheet of bubble rap. Bonus marks for the name of the refreshment trolley.

Dredd:  Loving this.  Top quality writing and art.  I?m looking forward to another full page of Dredd musing on life, the universe and extreme violence soon.

Savage:  The politics has been a little heavy handed in this at points, but it?s still been great fun and the best thing Mills has done for a while.  The art is wonderful, even better than Charlie Adland?s work on The Walking Dead.

Tyranny Rex:  I?m new to the character, but I?m getting into this a bit now, and I like the art, so I?ll call it a potential grower.

Future Shock:  I?ll reserve judgment on the story until I?ve seen the all important twist.  The art is pretty good, and a special shout out to Annie Parkhouse for a nice bit of non-standard lettering.

Low Life:  Smashing ending to a great story, backed up by great art.  I really, really want some of those glasses.

Overall, three very good to great stories, one that is growing on me and one on which I?m reserving judgment on, so I?d call that an 8 once the joy that is P14 is taken into account.

Oddboy

Cover was great!

DroidLife - Chortletastic!

Terror's darn good. Some brilliant bits in it.

Savage - a really good episode - the story's been very up & down, but this week's was a doozy.

T-Rex - highly confusing, but I think I'm understanding it. Pretty good, I think, but I might be wrong.

The Mainstream - yeah, I thought that as well; why call it a "Future Shock" when it's a regular 'one-off' tale. So far it's coming along quite interesting (in a The Dark Half kinda way) & I had to laugh at the messageboards bit! "BISON!!" anyone?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

VampiraJen

droidlife - what can i say:  hahahahahahahahaha!

dredd - was unsure about this, questioned whether it was the gem everyone else thought it was, but really warmed to it this week.  really getting into the story now....

savage - a few weeks ago i was looking forward to this ending, but i've warmed to this in the last few weeks as well.  i suppose i need to read book 2 now to see what happens next.

f.s - once again with the 13/snow,tiger/calkutter and his chick lookalike with andy clarke's art, but i liked this.  anyone else pick up on the message board people line....?  not bothered that this is a multi part, but if the ending's crap......

tyranny rex - i think this is still warming up, give it another week or so.

low life was the best thing for me, great ending, likes how nixon did the right thing for the wrong reasons and thank god the bad guy wasn't her dad (she killed him - hurrah!!!).  nixons a bad good guy in a bad place.  she looked fab in her judges uniform, but at the same time it didn't look right on her, like she belonged in the shabby cloths of the low life.  Sequal please!

Wake

It's never really Tom Frame, is it?

Checking the database I can tell you that Tom F isn't Tom Frame, nor Richard Elson.

Wake

Trout

Trout

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/photos/vaults7.jpg">

Oddboy

Oops, forgot the end of my review:

Low Life - really good ending, looking forward to next weeks story.

Overall: Not a bad prog, but completely overshaddowed by a blinding Megazine.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tex Hex

The trout minion does seem to have a lot of fun on his "missions"...

Mr C

Poor Tom really does look worried there. Are you goosing him behind his back there Trouty?

Trout

No, I stuck to non-sexual stalking.

Perhaps at the next Dreddcon we should have a stalking competition?

- Trout

Scottiepunk

It's good to be part of the 1 percent!

Great prog. I'm loving Terror, one of the best Dredd strips in recent times. Very very reminesent of America, but I suppose that's the point.

Savage ended pretty well a good strip all in all, shame we've got to wait till next year for the sequel.

T-Rex, enjoying this so far, not sure where it's going or whether it's going to be a great strip or not, but it's good enough. Is it wrong to find a character with a tail attractive?

Droid Life - for once I didn't laugh out loud, shame!

Future Shock - loved the bit about messageboarders and quite enjoyed the strip, we'll see next week how good it is though.

Haven't read the Low Life yet so can't comment.

I haven't really been enjoying the last 2-3 progs as much as I'd enjoyed the previous couple, last week I was quite ill for 3 days so that may account for that. Can't quite put my finger on it, think it's more to do with me that the quality of the progs though.