Main Menu

London's Burning - Prog 1396

Started by GrudAlmighty, 28 June, 2004, 05:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom F

Ooops! Sorry for any confusion. I forgot I'd posted in this thread.

I'm not Tom Frame, as I've previously said (I should have been more thoughtful when I picked this username). Not Richard Elson either. I'm nobody. I have dialogue with Richard and Nigel (of whom I am fan), and then, occasionally, completely inappropriately, and without any permission, repost some of it on here.

Never mind, I won't post here again.

paulvonscott

Floyd-the-k

I picked up on the Ice-9 reference. Where did I say that that was accidental? That`s from Kurt Vonnegut Jnr`s Cat`s Cradle, I think.
  It`s nice that it meant something to him, but that doesn`t make the writing in the last Devlin series less wanky. or babblish. that interview quote shows that there`s more to writing than research.

yours reversing the polarity of the neutron flow

Tiplodocus

Tom Frame never did tell me what his favourite letter was (or maybe he did and I was just a bit pissed and giggling).

Savage is good but I do wish Pat Mills would write a story that didn't span three fucking books for once in his life. It really is getting annoying.

Low Life - was OK - I actually thought some of Flint's art looked a bit too ragged and rough for my tastes.  No suprises in the tale though.  It is a bit of a set up for "She's a Judge on the edge..." type tales.

FUTURE SHOCK - I'll reserve judgement until I see the end.  At least the writers have the common sense to treat us message boarders with the contempt we so rightly deserve.  

Judge Dredd - Terror: You've just gotta love the conceit of taking the blokes eyes out and replacing them with spy cameras. Brilliant. And then forgetting to switch on the autofocus.  And then Dredd walking in on the "soap opera".   Top tale by two droids on top form.

Tyranny Rex - I think this is still finding it's feet. I'd be most annoyed if the first episode was nothing more than a very long way of saying "We built her a new body".  And what exactly is the difference between this and SYNAMMON?  

Cover was a bit bland for my tastes but a pretty good prog with just a few things that annoyed me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

In the first part of Tyranny Rex, they refer to some Bockanovski procedure or other when growing her a new body. Bockanovskification was something invented by Aldous Huxley for Brave New World, in which it's not precisely cloning, but something similar. It involves artificially splitting an embryo to make up to forty identical babies.
STRIKE !!!