Main Menu

IDW's Complete Brian Bolland Judge Dredd collection review and thoughts...

Started by blackmocco, 02 January, 2013, 05:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassstanley

Quote from: Richard T Field on 26 January, 2013, 11:10:09 AM
Whats the reproduction like on the last episode of block mania? The reprint of this in my copy of the case files is very blurry.

Sounds like one of the early editions of CF5. I'd guess the artwork the Block Mania artwork has been extended at the top or bottom as well. Later editions of CF5 have much clearer printing of that episode, with no additions.

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Tjm86

Biggest disappointment for me was the Eagle Comic reprint covers.  Having them as colour covers would have been far better.  Overall a nice book but hard to justify at full price (took advantage of the 50% off for upping subs details). 

Dr Feeley Good

Tjm86

couldn't see the Judge Death cover anywhere.  Back cover image from vol 1 but that's about it.  The covers seem to be mainly tooth / Eagle reprint covers.  The tooth covers alternate between b&w / colour without any particular rhyme or reason.

COMMANDO FORCES

COMMANDO FORCES

SuperSurfer

Jovus, that looks like a great package.

Has to be said, the standard of production from IDW is drokking good.

I mean – did you see those artist's editions? If I had a few spare hundred quids lying around I would splash out on some. Just look at the Daredevil one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6XEQ_1yuE

JOE SOAP

COMMANDO FORCES

Spikes

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 February, 2013, 07:16:56 PM
Here be a wee video to delight yourselves with ;)

BOLLAND RED LABEL

A very nice package. But it'll be silly money for one of these, no?
If they do a Mick McMahon, or Carlos Ezquerra Dredd collection, will we get summat similar, i wonder.
Or is Bolland's name more of a draw for US comic readers, and thus gets the deluxe treatment?

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 February, 2013, 08:50:30 PM
Q & A about the book!

The blurb at the to of that piece could do with some proof-reading...

Who the hell's Dave Gibbon?

:lol:

ming

Double-post, sorry.

Having read the AICN Q&A and looked a bit more at that Bolland collection I went from not tempted to slightly tempted to really not fussed at all... The 'TWELVE limited-edition lithographs of key Judge Dredd moments' is stupidly done - cropped cover, cropped door-length poster image, cropped Dark Judges DPS, dodgy cropping of Cursed Earth DPS - what a waste.  I know Bolland's art looks good in a zoom-in-as-much-as-you-like way, but this just looks amateurish.  Or is it just me?

I'd like the signature page with the cat footprint, though.  But I'm not prepared to take a 1 in 325-chance of getting it.

Oh, and going back to Dave Gibbon for a moment... My abiding memory of UKCAC '88 is of the look on Dave Gibbons' face as he calmly explained to me that no, he wasn't Brian Bolland...

Heh.

:lol:

Steve Green

Same here, the posters which fit the format look fine, but cropping or letterboxing them to fit the page doesn't look great.

Dash Decent

Quote from: ming on 13 February, 2013, 12:39:48 PM
Who the hell's Dave Gibbon?

Wasn't he Mayor of MC1 at one stage?*

* With apologies to any orangutans out there who are tired of being referred to as gibbons.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.