Main Menu

WARNING: DvD Multiplayer

Started by CraveNoir, 19 October, 2003, 08:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

If you play DvD online through Gamespy Arcade don't give anyone your CD-Key.

Last night in Gamespy Chat someone called Moxicus was trying to convince people 'they'd' detected a warez game and 'they' wanted people to provide the last four digets of their serial as proof.

Naturally we all just took the piss, but if you're a newbie to this kind of thing you should know that this is total bollocks. Don't give out all, or even part of, your CD-Key.

CraveNoir

Also...

If you want easy money then play multiplayer as Judge Fire for about twenty minutes. You'll get snow-blindness as eyes are not designed for bright light to enter from below -- certainly not as you're staring into the middle of a monitor. You should be able to sue Vivendi/Rebellion as there are no health warnings for the game. Result!

Note: It's probably best to use a small child instead of sacrificing your own vision. For the court case, clothe him/her in Judge Fire jim-jams and use a Dark Judge dolly/action figure as a mascot. They should also wear a pair of dark sunglasses. The true mercenaries amongst you can send photos of the poor mite to tabloid newspapers to prejudice the case as much as possible.

CraveNoir

And...

Not a warning, but a multiplayer problem.
Aside from the occasional private server there are three dedicated game servers visible on gamespy, set up for Deathmatch, Bounty Hunter, and Runner game modes. Are they maintained by Rebellion?

They work fine except when it comes to the TRAINING and EZQUERRA maps whereupon I always get kicked after a failed map check. I don't think I'm alone in this although it seems some others don't have the same problem.

Both maps are fine if I play locally against bots.

The patch was applied before I tried multiplayer, so are the servers running an unpatched game?

And why is the single player SP_10.pc map a month older than another version in the ENV directory with a .000 extension?