Main Menu

Anyone mind giving me the occasional kick up the arse?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 16 December, 2002, 10:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

The reason I ask is because I want to do a 2000ad fan strip, but am a lazy bastid; and so have put it off for about six months. Not saying it'll be anything too spectacular, but I'll try and put it somewhere on the Internet by the 25th of January. Now that I've set my own deadline, I might just get up off my hole and do it, so if anyone remembers by then (which is asking a lot, I know) please hold me to that or I'll never get the fecker done.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

Well done.  Will it be a script or drawn?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

seeneester

Hang on, I'm just putting my steel-capped boots on.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

i read that part of the site. i shall look out for your pitch and place a note on my email reminder,. you asked for it, your on notice.
waiting eagerly for this script now.

any one else posting any new ones this month?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

JayzusB.Christ

Thank y'all, folks. It will, I hope, be scripted and drawn by me when it's done. I'm not sure about how to go about the lettering,but I'll work something out. Like I say, though, don't expect Alan Moore and Simon Bisley to be running for their money.
Thanks in particular for seeneester and Oddboy for the kick up the swiss roll. Ooyah, as they say in Buster.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

###BOOOT####

Lettering: If you letter, then photocopy; you should be able to scan (IMHO) good luck.

Dave6795 is saving for a scanner cart for his printer, then Trout help you.

Art

***BOOT***

Did you figure out how to do lettering then?

I've had good results in Adobe Photoshop. First I create the text and arrang it into vaguely the shape I want, then I draw the bubble behind it on another layer using the various area select tools once I have the shape I want selected I fill it white and then use "Trace Edges" to draw the line around the outside. Its very quick and neat.  

I beleibve Adrain Bamforth used roughly the same technique on the Emigreation story hedrew up for me, and it came out lovely.

Jared Katooie

WHANKA!

Heheh. "Whanka" Heh. You should enjoy creating you're piece of fiction otherwise the opportunity is wasted. It'll read better if you had a laugh making it.

Oh, and try and have lots of blood too!

J.

Queen Firey-Bou

Okay Jayzuz, *WALLUP*
I'll race you ! i was so inspired by all the groovy feedback i got from the silly xmas strip i did , I'm well underway with no2. Its a strip version of a local Kelpie piece of folk lore. not exactly sci-fi, but i'm trying to work the general creepiness of the tale in. Is a strip like this too off-subject for the fan fic' section? i thought for sommat serious(er) I'd go for familiar subject matter, think about space ships after, if i can do this.
So better get your arse into gear Jayzuz, cos I'm right behind you with my steelytoe caps & I am a veritable unstoppable force once i get going...So better get the pencils turbo charged there boy !
*BOOT*

JayzusB.Christ

Alright, Boudicca, but I think you'll win the race. If I have a deadline, I will complete my assignment by leaving all the important stuff to the last 2 days, and staying up all night the night before.
Thanks a million to the other two punters for the tips on lettering, by the way.

JayzusB.Christ

Incidentally, my cyber-arse is absolutely killing me at this stage. Good work, people! Keep the virtual hobnails coming!

Quirkafleeg

KLANG!!!

I'm going to be on a flying start into the new year with a shed-load of writing too...

Queen Firey-Bou

*WALLUP BEDOIIINGGG* (set to a loony tunes back beat)
Ive done another panel... ee eee ehhhe hehhh ehhhhh, get yur skates on get yur Skates ON get your skates on for the lads, get your f*cking skate ates onnnnn.

There is this gentle encouragment working for you ?

Capt.Zeep

(sound of long run-up) thudthudthudthudthudthudthudthudthud...DOOOF!
keep on scribblin' !