Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 01/07/06, 7pm, ARMY OF GHOSTS...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 01 July, 2006, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

"if RTD is not really seen to have a finger in the right pie"

I'm saying nothing.

ADE

GordonR

You know, if I disliked New Who as much as some people here seem to, I'd probably just stop watching it.

Life's too short to spend time immersing yourself in things you find dispeasurable.

paulvonscott

Well, for me my hopes and dissapointments have just come to a head over the last few episodes.  Starting with Abzorbaloff which I quite enjoyed, but made me realise how much I disliked the Doctor and Rose, and the olympic one.

I did stop watching the original Doctor Who during the McCoy years, just as I stopped reading 2000AD during the nineties.  And I will stop watching this series when I see it's not going to change.  Which will probably be Christmas or early next series (as I think change is inevitable around this time, and I'm hoping for the better), but I am going to finish this one.

Like many people I suspect, the desire for it to be good, rather than how good it really is, is what has actually been keeping me going.  If this was Andromeda or some lame American show, it would probably have been ditched after a couple of episodes.  

Thanks for the advice though :p  I do agree with you, life is too short, if it wasn't Doctor Who and I wasn't so weak I'd go do something else.

Al_Ewing

Just watched it now and IT ROCKED!

SPOILER

The Cybermen hiding behind a sheet of plastic and sticking plastic brain snakes into people's ears! Cybermen versus Daleks! ZARJAZ! That's like M.A.C.H. 1 versus Wolfie Smith! It'll be UNIT versus Torchwood next and then I might have to cream on the sofa. The return of Mickey! There was a bit of emo somewhere in there but it got into high gear soon enough. AND THE CYBERMEN HAVE GOT IN THE HOUSE AND ARE AFTER THE KIDS! ALL OVER THE WORLD!! BANG AFTER BANG AFTER BANG! Next week a green ray that turns you into a skellington.

Also, the Eastenders stuff made me laugh a lot.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Trout

Good for you, Al!

I also agree with Gordon. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I have huge problems dashing around and making sure I don't miss it, so if I wasn't enjoying Doctor Who, I simply wouldn't make the effort.

My favourite thing about Who is none of the children I know, or the kids of colleagues, friends, etc, have given it a bad review.

They're all terrible excited: boys and girls.

Isn't that great?

- Trout

Adrian Bamforth

"You know, if I disliked New Who as much as some people here seem to, I'd probably just stop watching it."

True, and guilty as charged, though I wish he's just come up with something new and not taken something people already have an emotional investment in, and there had been less wall-to-wall hype, then it would be easier to ignore it, like, say, Bugs or something (I don't know if that was any good, I didn't watch it).

ADE

Radbacker

for all the Oz whoers(is that right?) out there it starts this Saturday ABC 7.30, so excited again this show was one of the highlights of last year and I liked every episode(some more than others but each one was a delight to watch and left me wanting more).  I know I cop some spoilers on these threads but never anything that has stopped me enjoying what is a great come back for one of my favorite shows as a kid.
Roll on Blakes 7 re-boot(we'll i can wish)

CU Radbacker

Floyd-the-k

hooray - thanks for telling me, radbacker!

A B7 reboot will happen, don't worry. Everything you've ever enjoyed will be remade at some stage

yours, watching B7 season III on DVD

DavidXBrunt

Watched it with my eldest neice and nephew this morning, it's become a Wednesday morning thing. We're starting on part Doctors the week after next.

Anyway Samantha, who's 12, doesn't want Rose to leave and Matthew just wants to see Daleks fighting Cybermen. Both enjoyed it and despite many guesses (Matthew "The Cyber...boss...in a wheelchair!" Samantha "Please god anyone but that Adam!") didn't guess what was in the sphere but goggled and are now desperate too see how it ended. The fact that I could also watch it, along with my mother makes it a real treat.

Seriously recommend watching it with kids. Steal one from outside Tesco if you have too.

Floyd-the-k

I have a kid! And a wife who'd rather watch Ultraman.  I forsee shuriken-related trouble this saturday night

Bolt-01

I'll second that DXB. I only ever watch it with Dan, and even though he is 15 he is enjoying it tremendously. He knows that it is bad in places, and also terribly cheesey, but he in just enjoying the entertainment of it all. As am I.

Bolt-01