Main Menu

DC Universe Online.... aka why the wife will divorce me

Started by bluemeanie, 20 September, 2011, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Announced yesterday that in a month or so this is going FREE TO PLAY

I'm hooked enough on Champions online, this is gonna be mental. Am more that a little over excited and will definitely throw $5 at it to get the second layer stuff

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393205,00.asp

Richmond Clements

bluemeanie

Richmond Clements

I've got waay too much stuff to write right now to do this!
Used to love playing City of Heroes... must... resist...

Emp

It has its moments and is good for a laugh, but the novelty soon wears off i'm sorry to say.

In hindsight i'd have to say i enjoyed Champions more.

The Doctor Alt 8

Ohhh me want to play....

That it, I offically have to give up my Girl card, right?

bluemeanie

So the end of October release date turned out to be Nov1st.... I suppose that IS at the end of October.
Despite my almost Track and Field levels of "F5" pressing the site is still showing "coming soon" tho

gahhhh

Just want to be able to start the download so I can play it tonight.

Cant complain, its free, but still.... HURRY UP! And even tho its free I'll def be paying the £5 to get second tier options. Well worth it

fresno bob

You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

bluemeanie

Goaty

Eh? Steam just says that DC Universe Online free to play? How come? what the con?

bluemeanie

No con.... free to play.

BUUUUT, if you spend $5 in the store you get double the inventory slots per character and can have 6 characters instead of 2 plus can use voice chat and some other bits and bobs.

Basically they pull you in, let you play it then say "Hey... for a quid you can do the arena PvP fights as Arkham Asylum Joker" or "we'll give you this AWESOME weapon" etc
Mostly stuff you can grind to but still

So I bought a Future Batman model for player fighting and holo-missions and now have loads more options. Worth the fiver IMHO

Keef Monkey

That reminds me, I need to start this downloading. If the file is as big as I've heard it is then it'll take most of the day!

bluemeanie

Its a 14gb install... pretty monsterous. Its more the speed as their servers are getting HAMMERED

Again, well worth it though. Really loving it. Yeah, its Champions Online with DC pasted over the top but... ITS CHAMPIONS ONLINE WITH DC PASTED OVER THE TOP!!  :D 

Of course we are now all waiting for the first screenshot of someones "As close to a 2000AD character as I can get" pic

klute

currently working my way through the download 8.4gig down
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Keef Monkey

Took about 4hrs all in! I'm constantly bemused by the fact that PS3 doesn't allow you to switch the console off and download in the background, seems mental.

Still, looking forward to this having never actually played an MMO (apart from half an hour on the BSG one).

So I was stumped by the first menu, PvE or PvP? What should I be choosing there?