Main Menu

No more Comic Heroes

Started by Fungus, 15 July, 2014, 10:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Haven't picked up the relaunched issue yet, but isn't our own Crazyfoxmachine in there?

Daveycandlish

It's a good solid read and worth picking up.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Neo Yahtzee

Yeah took the plunge and bought it - really enjoyed it. Great read. Missed the posters that came free with the old ones though!

COMMANDO FORCES

I just had an email from the company saying that my issue is on its way :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

It has arrived and there's a few bits that caught my eye on first glance.

Rob Williams has an interview inside.
David Baillie gets a 'My Life in Comics' page
Two 2000 AD characters get a mention in the Top 25 Coolest Characters list.

In the reviews section 2000 AD is in there, alongside two of Rob Williams' currents comics.

iutley

And it's gone again!
According to Lew Stringer's Blog the current issue is the last (again).

Bad City Blue

Oh.

The price drop was welcome and the last issue was a good one.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

IAMTHESYSTEM

Since this magazine was aimed at the Comic book buyer audience, you can only interpret its fall as bad news. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IndigoPrime

Only in the sense niche/media/tech magazines are these days on a hiding to nothing, because people assume they can get everything online for free. I don't think it really says anything about comics. (I do wonder at which point people will suddenly realise most online 'magazines' are shit, though, due to no-one wanting to pay for anything, and the bottom falling out of advertising.)

Fungus

Why are online magazines 'shit'?
I nearly subscribed to a couple yesterday. Mags I would occasionally buy in WH Smiths but thought - after checking - that they look nice on the iPad and it's all very convenient.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Fungus on 07 September, 2017, 02:55:55 PM
Why are online magazines 'shit'?
I nearly subscribed to a couple yesterday. Mags I would occasionally buy in WH Smiths...

Those aren't online magazines, then, just online versions of existing magazines.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Fungus: Note the scare quotes. I'm referring to websites masquerading as magazines, but that are really glorified blogs. There are exceptions. Some sites are actually pretty good reads, but almost the entire industry is trending towards a distinct lack of money, which doesn't bode well for decent content.

And, yeah, I'm not talking about digital versions of existing print mags, both of which are on borrowed time in many areas.

Fungus

Got it. Took the quotes as a quality judgement :)