Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levers

Hmmm. Nearly two weeks since I placed an order for Dante books 1 & 3 and Zombo. Heard nothing and the Hachette website's been down for maintenance since at least last Thursday..
I know from the above that delivers have been getting worse recently and a potential Hermes delivery fills me with dread... What's going on with the website???

IndigoPrime

Last time I placed a standard order with them, it took quite a bit longer than two weeks to arrive. As for the website, who knows? But this isn't the first time this has happened, and they were active on Facebook on Friday.

Tomontherun94

Someone on the forum for the Transformers collection said they heard a rumour they went bust. No idea where they got that from but I sent a message on FB. They got back fairly quickly with this
QuoteHey tomontherun94,

At the moment we are unsure when the site will be going back up, we hope it won't take too much longer and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience it has caused.

Sorry about that!

IndigoPrime

The site's gone down before for days. Presumably it's dealt with using similar stellar levels of competence that you get from the mailing department.

levers

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 June, 2019, 11:45:13 AM
Last time I placed a standard order with them, it took quite a bit longer than two weeks to arrive. As for the website, who knows? But this isn't the first time this has happened, and they were active on Facebook on Friday.

Thanks, messaged them and was told there had been a delay to the order. Should be dispatched this Friday, which is fine but I'm going away the following day!

Waiting to hear who the courier will be. Living in fear it'll be Hermes!

Cannco

Still no sign of 43 and 44. I heard they simply forgot to send them out and don't care what happens with them , even after some retail pressure was applied. Not sure what to do here as if I wait much longer they might go out of stock on the website...

IndigoPrime

Plenty of people have 43/44, so some went out. My take is they're just being especially shite of late.

abelardsnazz

As you might imagine, there's some classic stuff in the Alan Moore future-shocks volume. FSs from between progs 200-350, Time Twisters, a smattering of one-offs, the complete misadventures of yours truly, and a couple of Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales. Looking forward to getting stuck in, and hope it's not too long before subscribers can too.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Cannco on 19 June, 2019, 12:49:15 PM
Still no sign of 43 and 44. I heard they simply forgot to send them out and don't care what happens with them , even after some retail pressure was applied. Not sure what to do here as if I wait much longer they might go out of stock on the website...

I got my 43 & 44 ages ago. Certainly over 6 weeks. Got 45 & 46 about a week ago.

moogie101

I got mine no problems & received 45/46 about a fortnight ago.

sintec

Not sure where you heard this rumour but that's the first I've heard of it - for the record my 43/44 also turned up as expected (so late compared to shops) and 45/46 arrived last week.

Tomontherun94

moly

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=44203.0;attach=11905;image

So with this and the judge dredd collection anyone know what percentage of 2000ad would of been included in these collections when completed

IndigoPrime

If you assume ~2200 issues of 2000 AD by the time the 2000 AD collection is done (assuming no extension), that's, what, about 57,000 pages of strip? Each Hachette run is something like 14,000–18,000 pages of strip. So we'll end up with two collections comprising about 30,000 pages – or half a 2000 AD. That doesn't take into account that a chunk of content was taken from the Megazine, though (which by the time the 2000 AD run is done will itself be on issue 424 or thereabouts.

sintec

I reckon we're at 27264 pages so far in the Collections with the Mega Collection making up 17839 pages of that and the Ultimate Collection about 9425.  We're a little over half way in the Ultimate Collection at this point and don't know if we'll be getting an extension.  But I reckon we'll be a little over 30K pages by the end with no extentsion.

Need some time to tweak my data to extract the % of that which is megazine content.  From a quick look it's going to be a sizeable chunk of the Mega Collection (and tbh seems to include a large % of the worst content).