Main Menu

Tripwire Awards 2020

Started by rogue69, 07 January, 2020, 08:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

the second Tripwire awards nominations are now open
Among the nominees this year is our own Jim Campbell for Best Letterer, Jock for best cover artist, Al Ewing for best writer and Judge Dredd The Small House for best Collection. Among the names up for the Roll Of Honour are Pat Mill, Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeyBX78SBfrN51xxc8K4F5havPqXSqDxO3ntDCfD5qBMiwKdw/viewform

Bolt-01

Nice to see Mike Moreci listed a couple of times in there. He did a few strips for FQP back in the day.

TordelBack

Some worthy nominees there. And Jim too!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 January, 2020, 01:24:45 PM
Nice to see Mike Moreci listed a couple of times in there. He did a few strips for FQP back in the day.

Mike's a hell of a writer, and lovely guy to boot. He's been on absolute top form these last couple of years — just about anyone who enjoys 2000AD should love Wasted Space which is kind of the bastard offspring of Star Wars and Preacher, and The Plot (co-written with Tim Seeley) is that rare beast, a horror comic that's actually scary by virtue of finding an undercurrent of creeping dread and just ramping it up every issue.

Also, vote for me. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Jim - I actually got to see a copy of the second Trade for Wasted space in Orbital over the summer - and if I'd been able to find a copy of the first it was a definite buy.

Thanks for the reminder  - to amazon!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 January, 2020, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 January, 2020, 01:24:45 PM

Mike's a hell of a writer, and lovely guy to boot. He's been on absolute top form these last couple of years — just about anyone who enjoys 2000AD should love Wasted Space which is kind of the bastard offspring of Star Wars and Preacher, and The Plot (co-written with Tim Seeley) is that rare beast, a horror comic that's actually scary by virtue of finding an undercurrent of creeping dread and just ramping it up every issue.

Done!  :D
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 January, 2020, 02:33:09 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 January, 2020, 02:08:30 PM

Done!  :D

Have we learnt nothing from the election of Trump and Johnson?  It might seem like 'fun' and 'edgy' to vote for the comedy option, but sometimes they actually win.  Then what, eh? Eh?

(Done)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 January, 2020, 03:08:07 PM
but he gives free hugs!

I tried changing the badge to UTTER [spoiler]REDACTED[/spoiler] but they made me change it back. The [spoiler]REDACTED[/spoiler]s.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.