Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

IAMTHESYSTEM

Reminds me of of John Buscema's or Gil Kane's Conan particularly the final image with the moon over the clifftop. Very atmospheric.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "IAMTHESYSTEM"Reminds me of of John Buscema's or Gil Kane's Conan particularly the final image with the moon over the clifftop. Very atmospheric.

I drew that yesterday.I wasnt that impressed with it myself but it sort of works.Its still not really the standard i am trying to achieve.

Thank you all for the positive comment.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

M.I.K.

Why's that last pic only got 3 fingers and a thumb on each hand?

M.I.K.

Never mind, it's obviously some kind of beasty person. Just noticed the pointy nails on the hands and feet in the other pic, and yeah, the chappy in my picture only has 3 fingers too.

Peter Wolf

I have a bit of a problem in that i cant draw Human characters.I have tried and tried and every time i fail so i just dont bother anymore.I find faces impossible to draw.The first drawing was meant to be human .

M.I.K.

Well it does look human, it's just that his nails could do with a bit of a trim, (and the proportions are a bit dodgy but I'll let that pass 'cos it's not easy getting them right).

You certainly seem to be a lot better at the landscapes. No reason not to keep practising with the figure drawing though.

Hoagy

Okay. I did this an hour ago a quick jot of something that I've been meaning to do.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

SuperSurfer

Good landscapes peterwolf. You've nailed the sense of depth. Regarding drawing people, just keep at it. And don't be afraid of making mistakes.

SuperSurfer

Here's another Dreddy found in the depths of my computer from 2004. Wonky eyes, but what the heck, its a doodle.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "M.I.K."Well it does look human, it's just that his nails could do with a bit of a trim, (and the proportions are a bit dodgy but I'll let that pass 'cos it's not easy getting them right).

You certainly seem to be a lot better at the landscapes. No reason not to keep practi
cing with the figure drawing though.

I never even noticed that at 1.50 am this morning when i drew the human figure.I actually thought it looked OK but now I can see too many faults in it.The chest area is appallingly bad and the left arm is oversized.It was only a 10 minute doodle but its rubbish and should not have been posted.I will post some better examples soon .....

TordelBack

Don't be so hard on yourself Peter, it's obviously a working sketch.  Like the man says, keep at it.  Better than anything I could do, and I got a B (Hons) in Art (so I must be good).

mogzilla

Quote from: "King Trout"How's he going to pull that trigger and hold the gun, with only two fingers?

I put it to you, sir, that your zombie robot pirate nazi is seriously flawed!
 ;)

- Trout

IG-88 managed.