Main Menu

THIS WEEKEND I'LL MOSTLY BE......

Started by zombemybabynow, 24 September, 2010, 01:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

doing the day job most of Saturday. Bastards.

Drawing like a demon most of Sunday before going to see Metropolis at the flix in the evening
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Roger Godpleton

I'll be drivin' round the block with the girl you love and you'll be like, "FUCK YOU-OO."
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jared Katooie

I'm going to find out who's been putting all those insects under my skin while I sleep. I found a door under my bed and I think it leads to his world. I'm going to go in there, find him, and kill him.

Then I can be the king of his world.

Casshern

QuoteI'm going to find out who's been putting all those insects under my skin while I sleep. I found a door under my bed and I think it leads to his world. I'm going to go in there, find him, and kill him.

Then I can be the king of his world.

Lay off the acid !

fresno bob

working to pay the rent and buy thrills
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Kev Levell

...pining for my prog I suspect, because the postie has been, and there was a distinct lack of white thrill-power containing envelope.

Jared Katooie

Holy cow! My weekend so far has been awesome.

I finally found a place that sells Caramacs! I love them and I haven't had one in years, so I was delighted. I bought four Caramacs, plus a Macaroon Bar, a Mint Crisp, and a Klipso Bar.

Then I went to the Waterstone's where I found a copy of Flashman and the Tiger, the last Flashman book I needed to complete my collection.

Then I got some super-spicy Kung Po chicken at Charlie's before heading off to the cinema to see World's Greatest Dad, which was great.

I'm off Monday too! Hooray!

Peter Wolf

That was a very enjoyable day but it was over with far too quickly unfortunately.We ate out and did everything we wanted to do but the downside was realising how much i missed London or certain parts of it and my Mum not listening to my directions and going the wrong way despite the fact i know Holland Park very well so she got lost for about 15 minutes after going too far towards Shepards Bush which was the wrong way.

I nearly fell in love on the tube with a girl who i am pretty sure was a fashion/editorial model sitting opposite me with 3 friends who looked like a younger Yasmin Le Bon but with darker skin.We kept catching each others eye and smiled at each other.I wont ever see her again unfortunately but anyway it was nice while it lasted until i had to get off as it was my stop.Absolutely beautiful and i know it was a genuine reaction as i can tell by the way she was looking as i can read their eyes.

I had to look away a couple of times as it was too much.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

HdE

This weekend I will be pulling an all-nighter to get my 98 page graphic novel lettering gig done.

Yes. I'm apparently a 'pro' now, whatever that means.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

House of Usher

What a great thread!

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 24 September, 2010, 04:08:56 PM
pulling the belly off myself.

Now there's an expression I've not heard before, but it's a good 'un.

Quote from: Krombasher on 24 September, 2010, 04:22:09 PM
Trying to find what good there is to be done.

Were you doing that in a mask and cape?

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 September, 2010, 04:49:27 PM
Having your first child leave- they don't cover that in the manual...

Awww. You must be very proud! But never fear - most of them do come back again, and some of them forever!
:D

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 24 September, 2010, 06:15:05 PM
Making sure the stars are right...

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu f'tagn!

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 24 September, 2010, 09:24:26 PM
the 31st Annual Miller Lite Chili Cookoff at Stone Mountain

Seen that on TV. Looks like the Burning Man festival but with fewer soap-dodgers and more beef.

Quote from: HdE on 25 September, 2010, 10:54:05 PM
I'm apparently a 'pro' now, whatever that means.

It means you put out for money (I think).
STRIKE !!!

Daveycandlish

Decided against going into town to see Metropolis as I don't want to get caught up in the footy crowds, so I'm watching Young Frankenstein on DVD instead

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Dandontdare

coughing and sneezing as I've got a horrible cold.

Bolt-01

I've spent today finishing (provisionally) a 3 panel strip for the board, and the Mongrol Strip for Zarjaz 10.

Richmond Clements

This weekend has been all about the rewrites- of a short story and a novel I have attempted to write.

There was a bit of time off though: