Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 416: Zarjaz 8th birthday issue! Win! commodore 64 computer systems & Valiant Robo-Turtles! New mega-thrills! Alpha – Strontium Dog! "The future is here!" Anderson – Psi Division!

Anderson Psi Division makes her debut (well, in her own series), the worm turns (did I use that pun already?), another night, another graveyard shift, Rogue and the boys are all at sea and a bounty hunting duo become a bounty hunting trio.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 417: Alpha: Back on the Trail! In the Badlands of Burrito the Big Bust is Go! "Oot o' the way there! Stronty Dug comin' through!"

Anderson visits the museum, Sláine visits the 11th century, Dredd visits a bar, Rogue visits a rocky outcrop and the Stronts visit the Burrito badlands.

TordelBack

Despite it being my alma mater, I didn't remember the Alchemist's Head getting itself into the prog.Going to have to dig that one out.

Comics art doesn't get much better than Sunday Night Fever, does it.

(The Life Wire is, IIRC, one of those handy grappling hook shooter things. Although I thought the Westinghouse had one of those built in... )

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 November, 2020, 08:40:20 AM
Despite it being my alma mater, I didn't remember the Alchemist's Head getting itself into the prog.Going to have to dig that one out.

Comics art doesn't get much better than Sunday Night Fever, does it.

(The Life Wire is, IIRC, one of those handy grappling hook shooter things. Although I thought the Westinghouse had one of those built in... )

Don't get your hopes up - it was only a two-liner text mention in the Nerve Centre!

I'm going to guess that because it isn't one of the 'regular' items that Johnny uses, it's mention here is going to mean it'll be used before too long.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 418: Death's dark dimension: Necropolis now! "Unwrap the corpssse – sso that we may live!"

The DJs are back, so's Slough Feg, poison gas in MC1, the pincer movement continues (but doesn't resolve) and the Stronts go after their first bounties.

TordelBack

You're spot on about Watkins, but I think Dodman as a ley-layer works even better in this context, with the link between the spiral of the snail's shell, the spiral of time, thd 'mystic spiral' of Sláine's fingerprint the encasing of time-worm droppings in spiral-engraved shells of stones... it's all connected, man. Nobody navigates and sells this nonsense quite as well as Pat.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 November, 2020, 12:04:14 PM
You're spot on about Watkins, but I think Dodman as a ley-layer works even better in this context, with the link between the spiral of the snail's shell, the spiral of time, thd 'mystic spiral' of Sláine's fingerprint the encasing of time-worm droppings in spiral-engraved shells of stones... it's all connected, man. Nobody navigates and sells this nonsense quite as well as Pat.

It might have been made up in the mid-20th century, but it all works for storytelling (just don't take that religious stuff, seriously, yeah?)

sheridan

2000AD Prog 419: Fear, Fire, Death & Mortis! "There'ss no sstopping uss now!"

Anderson dead (yeah, right) as the Dark Judges jump to another dimension, Sláine also jumps dimensions, ending up els-where, something smells at the Necropolis, hulks get lit and Alpha should have taken care of the robots (one way or another).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 420: Sláine: El hath no fury... "Kill the hu-man!" Cosmic competition! Win the Henshin robos!

Anderson's back! Tharg's Food-Shocks. What is Sláine's type? Dark Judges at large! Is Dredd needed? Nah! Bounty hunting is thirsty business.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 421: Examination special: cadet in control! "Okay, Brisco – what do I do now?"

Twenty years on Titan for Anderson? Alpha gets a break, a cadet faces an interesting situation and Myrddin gets macrocosmic.

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 02 December, 2020, 08:15:10 AM
2000AD Prog 421: Examination special: cadet in control! "Okay, Brisco – what do I do now?"

Twenty years on Titan for Anderson? Alpha gets a break, a cadet faces an interesting situation and Myrddin gets macrocosmic.

Tordelbach (I've seen a name like that somewhere...), Sheridan I believe as like any wine a name can also mature with time so the h overtime becomes a k
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 422: The grave face of future war "We're unique!" "We're genetic!" "We're dead!"

Anderson prepares to limbo dance with the Dark Judges, Murdach has a pique of jealousy as Sláine fights cyborgs, a perp has a day out until a different cyborg scares him back to the cubes, the biochips have a chance to shine and Alpha tracks down the brainwraith.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 423: Dark Judges in Crash Dorm 2! "Ssssleep forever!" Anderson's nightmare!

Things hot up in the Grand Hall of Justice, Sláine and Murdach's balancing act, Judge amok, Rogue in disguise (as a rhino) and the bounty hunters face the Howlers

sheridan

2000AD Prog 424: Midnight in the Mega-City... Surfing on the street! "Crazy skyhog!"

Fear falls first, Sláine versus the Nazis (not really), the mice are coming, a new passtime in the Mega-City (the cover kind of gives that away), the Norts flog a dead horse and the bounty hunters finish their big bust.