Main Menu

1977 Dredd helmet

Started by Steve Green, 01 August, 2018, 08:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Something I started a while ago, then abandoned, then came back to today.

I'd not seen many attempts at the retro helmet as a 3D model/real prop - so thought I'd have a go.

Was quite happy with the result - still needs a couple of tweaks to smooth out some kinks...

Trooper McFad

That looks pretty good. I've thought about trying to get a collection of helmets through the ages/ artists. Did you convert one of the Dredd 2012 helmets?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Steve Green

Cheers,

No, made it from scratch. It's just a 3D render, not a real prop (yet)

Trooper McFad

👍🏻 I've always wondered if I could try convert a Dredd helmet to a Sov Block one but it's trying to find a block of time to give over for such a project.

Steve Green

A few people use chicken feeders as a base.

Trooper McFad

Chicken feeders! Interesting, I always admire cosplayers/ prop makers who can repurpose an "everyday " item into something from their fav comic or film.

Trooper McFad

Thanks for the link Steve. They are great and is just inspiring me to make the time and go try it. I could end up being a Mr Ben with all the different helmets 😁
I don't know what they would turn out like and where I'd put them all - maybe a winter project In between finishing the Carlos colouring book, painting up the Strontium Dogs, playing (trying to) Rogue Redux and doing my chores around the house to keep the wife happy 😁.

Steve Green

Richard

That looks very convincing, I thought it was real.

Bolt-01

That's lovely. I can see it working really well with the 2012 uniform.

Steve Green

Cheers,

the 2012 costume is closer to the 1977 version than it's given credit for.

Would be interesting to do a full-on 1977 version IRL.

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 02 August, 2018, 04:43:35 PM
Cheers,

the 2012 costume is closer to the 1977 version than it's given credit for.

Would be interesting to do a full-on 1977 version IRL.
I always thought the shoulder pads were very reminiscent of early depictions of Dredd - the uniform must have changed while Dredd was on the moon / crossing the Cursed Earth...

Steve Green

Maraxusofkeld

This looks fantaric, great job!