Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

No prob dash one can live in hope that one day it will be reprinted

Colin YNWA

I'm intrigued by that Dave Gibbons book. Is it going to be how comics are made or more Scott McCloud, Will Eisner type terriitory? Be interesting if its the latter and from Mr Gibbons I could well see that being the case.

Spikes

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 March, 2017, 12:07:26 PM
Sorry moly and Spikes, that was a joke of mine.

Ha, but yeah what moly says.  :)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 March, 2017, 01:53:14 PM
I'm intrigued by that Dave Gibbons book. Is it going to be how comics are made or more Scott McCloud, Will Eisner type terriitory? Be interesting if its the latter and from Mr Gibbons I could well see that being the case.
It very much seems that way, in which case it's a must purchase for me.

Dash Decent

2017 AD
12 Jan 2017 - Cadet Anderson: Teenage Kyx
17 Jan 2017 - The Complete Scarlet Traces Vol. 1
07 Feb 2017 - Thrill Power Overload
09 Feb 2017 - 2000 AD's Greatest: Celebrating 40 Years of Thrill-Power!
14 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls
21 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero Volume 3
01 Mar 2017 - Beyond Watchmen and Judge Dredd: The Art of John Higgins
09 Mar 2017 - Kingdom - Aux Drift
09 Mar 2017 - The Order: Die Mensch Machine
14 Mar 2017 - Predator Versus Judge Dredd Versus Aliens: Splice and Dice
06 Apr 2017 - The Last American
11 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes
04 May 2017 - Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby
04 May 2017 - Slaine - The Brutania Chronicles: Psychopomp
13 Jun 2017 - The Complete Skizz
?? Jun 2017 - One-Eyed Jack
15 Jun 2017 - Lawless: Welcome to Black Rock
13 Jul 2017 - Absalom: Under a False Flag
?? Jul 2017 - Anderson: The Deep End
?? Jul 2017 - The Leopard from Lime Street - Book 1 (...it shoudl be called "Catch Me if You Can"!)
10 Aug 2017 - Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files 29 (was 06 Apr 2017)
07 Sep 2017 - Greysuit: The Monarch Dossier
12 Sep 2017 - Survival Geeks
12 Sep 2017 - Brink: Book One
15 Sep 2017 - How Comics Work by Dave Gibbons
?? Sep 2017 - Marney the Fox
19 Sep 2017 - Deviations: Beta
19 Sep 2017 - Funko Universe - IDW, 128 pages
?? Oct 2017 - The Complete Future Shocks - Volume 1
?? Oct 2017 - Scarlet Traces - Volume 2
?? Oct 2017 - Dracula Files
?? Nov 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 30
?? Nov 2017 - Misty - Volume 2
?? Dec 2017 - The Fall of Deadworld
?? Dec 2017 - M.A.C.H.1 – The John Probe Mission Files
?? Dec 2017 - Faceache

On the Wishlist
TBA - Nursery Crimes: The Collected Sweeny Toddler
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 1: Deadly Hedley of the Eastern Front
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 2: Bionic Gran & the 6 1/2p Buytonic Boy meet MACH 1
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 3: Fusspot meets Meltdown Man - Wayne & Schuster

Blurb:
Funko Universe
"Stories focusing on the Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The X-Files, Strawberry Shortcake, and Judge Dredd in the fun and magical Funko Universe!

• The Ghostbusters battle an undead ninja and the total destruction of the land of the living.
  • The TMNT get wind of a new Shredder-inspired cereal and go to the source to investigate the bad-guy based breakfast!
  • In The X-Files, A bevy of talented creators seek the truth—and some laughs—with this Funko version of your favorite FBI agents!
  • Journey back to Strawberryland with Funko Pop and old friends like Blueberry Muffin, Huckleberry Pie and of course, Strawberry Shortcake!
  • Check out the funkiest Dredd of all-time as Funko takes over Mega-City One."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Corinthian on 01 March, 2017, 03:45:43 PM
'Killer in the Cab' (Prog 170) and 'The Dating Game' (Prog 176) were his first contributions to the weekly, went out under the Robo-Tales banner and were missed out from the Complete Future Shocks.

The Dating Game finally got a reprint in The Complete Ro-Busters volume 2.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

2017 AD
12 Jan 2017 - Cadet Anderson: Teenage Kyx
17 Jan 2017 - The Complete Scarlet Traces Vol. 1
07 Feb 2017 - Thrill Power Overload
09 Feb 2017 - 2000 AD's Greatest: Celebrating 40 Years of Thrill-Power!
14 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls
21 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero Volume 3
01 Mar 2017 - Beyond Watchmen and Judge Dredd: The Art of John Higgins
09 Mar 2017 - Kingdom - Aux Drift
09 Mar 2017 - The Order: Die Mensch Machine
09 Mar 2017 - The Third Law (Rico Dredd: The Titan Years) - Abaddon Books, 90(?) pages. Already released as an e-Book.
14 Mar 2017 - Predator Versus Judge Dredd Versus Aliens: Splice and Dice
06 Apr 2017 - The Last American
11 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes
04 May 2017 - Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby
04 May 2017 - Slaine - The Brutania Chronicles: Psychopomp
13 Jun 2017 - The Complete Skizz
?? Jun 2017 - One-Eyed Jack
15 Jun 2017 - Lawless: Welcome to Black Rock
13 Jul 2017 - Absalom: Under a False Flag
?? Jul 2017 - Anderson: The Deep End
?? Jul 2017 - The Leopard from Lime Street - Book 1 (...it shoudl be called "Catch Me if You Can"!)
10 Aug 2017 - Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files 29 (was 06 Apr 2017)
07 Sep 2017 - Greysuit: The Monarch Dossier
12 Sep 2017 - Survival Geeks
12 Sep 2017 - Brink: Book One
15 Sep 2017 - How Comics Work by Dave Gibbons
?? Sep 2017 - Marney the Fox
19 Sep 2017 - Deviations: Beta
19 Sep 2017 - Funko Universe
?? Oct 2017 - The Complete Future Shocks - Volume 1
?? Oct 2017 - Scarlet Traces - Volume 2
?? Oct 2017 - Dracula Files
?? Nov 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 30
?? Nov 2017 - Misty - Volume 2
?? Dec 2017 - The Fall of Deadworld
?? Dec 2017 - M.A.C.H.1 – The John Probe Mission Files
?? Dec 2017 - Faceache

2018 AD
10 Jul 2018 - Scarlet Traces: Empire of Blood - by Ian Edginton,  Abaddon Books; Reprint edition. 320 pages

On the Wishlist
TBA - Nursery Crimes: The Collected Sweeny Toddler
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 1: Deadly Hedley of the Eastern Front
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 2: Bionic Gran & the 6 1/2p Buytonic Boy meet MACH 1
TBA - IPC Fleetway Crossovers vol 3: Fusspot meets Meltdown Man - Wayne & Schuster

Blurbs:

The Third Law (Rico Dredd: The Titan Years)
"You know about me. I'm Rico Dredd, Joe Dredd's big brother. I'm the clone that went bad, that brought shame on Judge Fargo's legacy. I was a Judge, the best the Academy of Law ever turned out. The very best. But after less than a year on the streets of Mega-City One, I was brought down, taken in. It was Little Joe who caught me; second-best Judge there's been. Broken, sentenced, stripped of office, I was shipped out to the brutal moon Titan, to do my twenty years' hard labour. Yeah, you know about Rico Dredd. But do you know what really happened? Why I did it? What it was like, out there on the edge of space, doing time in the Bronze? Truth is, mister, you know stomm about me."

Scarlet Traces: Empire of Blood
"The first novel set in the War of the Worlds universe from the cult comic book hit Scarlet Traces, picking up the story directly from the climax of H.G. Wells' classic.

"November 1898, four months after the Martians' failed invasion of the United Kingdom, leaving priceless technology scattered among London's ruins. As reconstruction begins, Germany sends men and resources to aid in the recovery; not entirely trusting Kaiser Wilhelm's goodwill, the Queen's spymaster sends his trusted agent Ampney Crucis to spy on the German workers.

"In the shadows of the city, mutilated bodies are turning up in the new slums. With so many still missing and so much still to be done, the case is all but overlooked, handed over to the police department's most junior detective, Valentine Bey. As Bey begins his investigations, he crosses paths with Crucis, and the two men discover a plot that could change the world.

Something survived the War of the Worlds; something that lives still under London. And there are many who would kill to get their hands on it..."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Hawkmumbler

Ooohh, exciting to hear about the Scarlet Traces novel. Maybe not an essential purchase but a qurio none the less.

O Lucky Stevie!

Judge Dredd Year Two by Michael Carroll Matt Smith & Cavan Scott

Format Paperback | 432 pages
Dimensions 142.24 x 198.12mm
Publication date 10 Oct 2017
Publisher SIMON & SCHUSTER
Imprint ABADDON BOOKS
Language English
ISBN10 178108596X
ISBN13 9781781085967
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

sheridan

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 15 March, 2017, 02:21:59 AM
Judge Dredd Year Two by Michael Carroll Matt Smith & Cavan Scott

Format Paperback | 432 pages
Dimensions 142.24 x 198.12mm
Publication date 10 Oct 2017
Publisher SIMON & SCHUSTER
Imprint ABADDON BOOKS
Language English
ISBN10 178108596X
ISBN13 9781781085967

I don't recognise Cavan Scott's name...

Dash Decent

He's a write-for-hire type, if that's the correct phrase.  He's contributed short stories and novels to various lines (Sherlock Holmes, Star Wars, Skylanders, etc), he's written scripts for Big Finish audios (Doctor Who, Blake's 7), written for the Beano, etc.

I'm sure I've got a BBC CD somewhere (radio pantos?) that he did the liner notes for.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Spaceghost

Some familiar names in the Scarlet Traces novel synopsis. Stickleback/Crusis/Traces crossover time for Edgverse!

"November 1898, four months after the Martians' failed invasion of the United Kingdom, leaving priceless technology scattered among London's ruins. As reconstruction begins, Germany sends men and resources to aid in the recovery; not entirely trusting Kaiser Wilhelm's goodwill, the Queen's spymaster sends his trusted agent Ampney Crucis to spy on the German workers.

"In the shadows of the city, mutilated bodies are turning up in the new slums. With so many still missing and so much still to be done, the case is all but overlooked, handed over to the police department's most junior detective, Valentine Bey. As Bey begins his investigations, he crosses paths with Crucis, and the two men discover a plot that could change the world.

Something survived the War of the Worlds; something that lives still under London. And there are many who would kill to get their hands on it..."
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Bolt-01

Cavan Scott also wrote a strip way back in the Day for Something Wicked 01 drawn by our very own Dunk!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 March, 2017, 02:15:43 AM
He's a write-for-hire type, if that's the correct phrase.

Does quite a lot of writing on Titan's licensed stuff, too — I worked on one of his Vikings mini-series, amongst other things.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

Quote from: Spaceghost on 16 March, 2017, 08:28:20 AM
Some familiar names in the Scarlet Traces novel synopsis. Stickleback/Crusis/Traces crossover time for Edgverse!

That one leapt out at me as well - in fact I was skim-reading and assumed it was a reprint until I saw Ampney's name.