Main Menu

Mega-City One Online

Started by Captain Patriot, 26 June, 2007, 07:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Patriot

I've been itching to post this so here goes. How cool would an MMO based on Judge Dredd Mega-City One be?

I'm a small MMO player (not letting myself get sucked into WOW), I play city of heroes and was thinking about this the other day.

Think about it there is plenty material to use with races and classes. You could either be Judge's with different classes like street judges, psi-judges, teks and the levelling system for these would be easy. Cadet, Rookie, Street judge and then a council judge etc.

Then you might have the choice of being a Mutie who start off in the cursed earth. You might want to be a perp or underworld perp things like that.

The possibilities are endless, crafting with Lawmasters, basic patrols and space missions.

It would be totally awesomeâ?¦

Link: http://www.judgedreddscrotnigblogger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/" target="_blank">Judge Dredd Scrotnig Blogger

http://www.judgedreddscrotnigblogger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scrot_blog_banner.jpg">

Radbacker

more like GTA I'd reckon but with a persistent online pressence, as you said Judges, Perps even Muties trying to get into the city. I'd play it.

CU radbacker

Steven Sterlacchini

Yep, I'd play. So there's three.

Bolt-01

I'd play as well, and while we are on the subject-

DANE! What happened to the game you were working on last year?

Bolt-01

Buddy

What's a MMO?

Still think Sim Mega City would  be great.

Satanist

I've seen pictures of judges in city of heroes already but cant for the life of me remember where. sorry
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Gothmog

There's a link in the Dredd zone section of this site.
Their website says all Judges were recalled to Mega City One after the recent Total War attacks so it looks like Justice Dept in Paragon City is no more.

I'd love the idea of a Dredd MMORPG.  I'm currently getting pant wettingly excited about Warhammer Online but that's not due until next year.  I'm MMORPGless at the moment and starting to get withdrawl symptoms.

Link: http://www.dplkelly.com/judgedredd/" target="_blank">linky

Captain Patriot

Anyone know what happened to the person running the site for City of Heroes. I'm assuming it was terminated due to copyright issues, or just wasn't enough people playing with that supergroup?

I created a Judge type character a couple of weeks ago, closest thing to using a Judge in an MMO, was kinda cool running around as a mock Judge especially in City of Villains : )

I might start putting a game design pack together for possible ideas for an MMORPG based on Mega-City One, if anyone wants to help let me know. I'll be posting stuff on my sites forum soon'ish I hope.

Link: http://www.judgedreddscrotnigblogger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/" target="_blank">Judge Dredd Scrotnig Blogger

ukdane

Bolt: It became to complicated, I had to prioritise other things, and it's currently in Limbo. I don't know if I'll ever finish it (I'd like to), as I can't remember things I did, and how I did it.
I think I need to restart, with a more basic idea, and get that running. Then build on it.
One day...
...one day.
Cheers

-Daney

ThryllSeekyr

Great Idea, But I would prefer the single Player game using the GTA engine where you choose to be citizen ( Start in Mega City One.)or mutant.( Start in Mega City West or Cursed Earth.) and from then on in you can go about you buisness.

Basically if you choose to be a citizen. You are given some credits to spend on buying a Apartment in Megacity block that is vacant or buy one of those Mo-pads ( Mobile home going on automatic pilot around the city.). From then In you can you can stay unemployed as the rest of the citizens do and chose a strange hobby or you can become a punk and find a gang to join and work you way up through the gang ranks until  your reputation attracts the attention of some of the better known criminals who will let you in and open other avenues by way of doing bigger missons. ( The usual Mega-City stuff.)

Of course this will lead to attracting the atention of the Judges and Judge Dredd himself.

Of course the choice is yours and you could go out and join the Judge Accademy. If it's possible they let anybody  not directly descended through cloning to the first Judges that made this city.

BTW, does any bodyu play EVE- Online?

I have just downloaded the 14 day trial run.